Chapter-29 The Reception

Ayaan's POV

While sitting in the living room along with Bhai, dad and Bilal Bhai I couldn't stop my mind drifting in Zuby's thoughts. An hour back when she almost broke down crying in my arms, I wanted to ask her from where did her uncle and his family came in her mind. As I had noticed she was genuinely smiling while having a light conversation with Zoya and her mom. Then all of a sudden I saw her eyes become wet and gloomy. The moment she excused herself I knew I had to follow her. I just can't stand to see her in pain, and when I think about all those years she had spent with those people I can feel my blood boil. Though I didn't get much time to talk to Zuby about many things from her past but Sagar did give me some details here and there.

Even now I want to go and check on her but Adila Appi kicked me out of our room half an hour back. Probably they have started helping Zuby get ready for the evening. The ring of the doorbell brought me out of my wife's thoughts. It was Sagar who had come to drop Sagarika as Zuby had asked her yesterday to go to the venue together. I got up and greeted them; after all they are not just Zuby's best friends but also her true well-wishers. I am also grateful to these siblings to help me marry Zuby; they believed me and decided to help me this is something I will never forget till my last breath.

When Sagarika was about to climb up the stairs to our room I stopped her...

"Umm...Sagarika...once you meet up with Zuby then let me know how is she doing? She was actually a little upset some time back thinking about her uncle and his family." Sagarika softly nodded her head and went up. I sat with Sagar who decided to give me some company before he left. He was worried about Zuby so I told him the whole thing. Sagar assured me that with time Zuby will come out of this trauma. Even I have faith in Almighty and know that things will get better with the passage of time. After almost ten to fifteen minutes Sagarika came down. She smiled at me and said...

"Don't worry Ayaan, she is absolutely fine. She is being pampered with beauty treatments right now....so you relax while I will spend some more time with my bestie." I was really thankful to her and also relieved that my love is doing fine.

It is six in the evening and I am almost ready to leave for the venue. Well I had to change and get ready in Bhai's room since Adila Appi made it clear that I can't disturb Zuby. I wonder why they have to doll her up; she is already my beautiful doll in all her natural beauty. I smiled thinking of the love of my life. Man...I still can't believe that she is my wife now, officially the most important person of my life. Last night Adila Appi asked me when I will tell Zuby that I have loved her since I was five year old and I told her...

"Adila Appi...we have been married for hardly a week and she knows me for not more than two months. I don't want to burden her with my feelings right now. I know it sounds weird but right now I have decided not to tell her. I want her to fall in love with me; I also fear that she might feel guilty for not remembering me or even worst she might find me crazy for looking for her since the age of five. As I always say for now my love is enough for the two of us and may be some time in life I will tell her about everything. And also if I will be lucky she might just tell me that she remembers me and in some corner of her heart had a hope to find me." Adila Appi smiled at me and said she was proud of my decision.

Hearing Bhai call me I walk out and we both are ready to leave. I wore a black color suit with a purple shirt which Adila Appi selected. I wanted to buy a white shirt but she insisted on buying the purple one saying something about being color coordinated. I wonder what my sister is up to. I drove off with Bhai but my mind was still at home. I wanted to see my wife; it has been almost 3 hours since I last saw her. The urge to see her is more since I left her sad, I just want to see her happy always.

I wonder what she is wearing and how beautiful she is looking right now. Bilal Bhai is going to drop the ladies to the venue. Mom and dad had already left with Bilal Bhai's parents, to be present at the venue before any guests arrive. We reach their within twenty minutes as the marriage hall we booked is not very far from our place.

I checked all the arrangements with Bhai, fifteen minutes had passed when I noticed Bilal Bhai's car drive in. Adila Appi was sitting in the front seat along with Bilal Bhai while Zoya and Sagarika came out from the back. My eyes were still trained on the car as I walked closer. My wife I noticed was struggling to move to a side because of her dress. Zoya helped her out and then I saw her, she looked absolutely gorgeous. For a moment I felt like everything around me stopped, I saw her in that amazing purple and golden gharara with a golden headscarf, her makeup was just perfectly done and she was holding a matching clutch. Then it strikes me and I look at my shirt realizing Adila Appi's 'color coordinated' comment. I smiled looking at my sister who playfully wiggles her eyebrows. I turned back to see Zoya and Sagarika already taking Zuby inside. I wanted to follow them and meet her, but was stopped due to the arrival of some guests.

The guests had started coming in full flow, I had already requested Sagarika and Adila Appi to make sure that once Zuby's uncle and his family arrive none of them is alone with Zuby for even a second. Though I will try my best to be by her side at that time, but it's never bad to have a backup. Already my angel got upset in the afternoon and I don't want to see her sad once again on the same day, that too our reception day. It was almost time for dinner when finally the most awaited guests of the evening arrived (note the sarcasm here)
I quickly fished my mobile from my pocket so that I can call Adila Appi and tell her but as I grabbed my mobile it started ringing. To my surprise mom was calling me and I received her call...

"I just saw Zuby's aunt enter, I want you to immediately go and stay with Zuby. Don't get down from the stage till her uncle's family leaves. I don't want any stress for my daughter" I smiled and said ok...disconnecting the call I walked towards the stage. I was not expecting mom to say something like this to me. But then I guess Zuby has made her way deep into mom's heart in such a short span of time. A place I lost years back, but I don't feel jealous or anything negative about this. I am surer now once mom comes to know Zuby is the one I have been looking for all these years, she will understand that I recognized this gem of a person years back. After all my Zuby is worth all the wait. Anyway right now as I look towards the stage I see Adila Appi sitting beside Zuby and her aunt is talking to mom.

In long strides I reach the stage and Adila Appi lets me sit beside Zuby. I put my hand on hers and whispered...

"We are all here, you are not alone anymore love" she raised her head and our eyes met, I smiled at her and she returned a hesitant smile. Zuby's Aunt Sara came up and glared at me. I gave her a wicked smile, but stood and greeted her. She had a gift for Zuby which I took from her hands, no way was I letting her even speak a word to my girl. She got down and soon I and Zuby walked towards the table set for our dinner, we ate along with Zoya, Sagar, Sagarika and Abdul. I was happy that everything went as planned. But just as I thought it's over now, Ashfaq came to meet me and smiled saying...

"You can't always be her shadow, and I will wait for the right time" I would have launched at him right then and there if Abdul didn't hold me back. Ashfaq gave me a wicked look and walked away. The only good thing that happened was that Zuby didn't hear Ashfaq. She did ask me but I dodged her question and changed the topic. We took photographs with everyone, apart from Uncle Jawwad and his family our reception was actually a joyful occasion for all of us. In fact I came to know that Zoya has planned some games for us back home. Her claim was that since on our wedding we missed all the fun so she will make sure everything will be done today. Adila Appi and Sagarika were also involved and I was asked to keep some good amount of cash to give them. Once almost all the guests had left mom asked Adila Appi to take Zuby back home. I wanted to stay with Bhai to wind up everything and clear all bills but Bhai insisted that I should leave with Zuby and that he won't take much time. I agreed to him and sat in Bilal Bhai's car, taking the shotgun. Adila Appi and Zoya sat at the back with Zuby while Sagar took Sagarika in his car. The girls seemed really excited for some reason and throughout the way Zoya kept on teasing me. I wonder what has she planned but I just hope whatever it is should make my girl happy.