Chapter-17 The Calm Before The Storm

Zuby's POV

I am really happy that finally my dream will soon turn into reality. Today's trip to my plot was good as Ayaan assured me that he will try to get everything done for my new boutique in just the way I want it. He also told me that the location of the plot is very good. I just wish he would have also discussed the finances as in how much money approximately my new boutique will cost me. But if I am not wrong he had other commitments for the day that's why he asked me to meet him at his office. Actually I don't mind, it's just that I am too excited and want the work to start ASAP. Apart from the work related conversations we also had a casual chat about our personal lives. I told him about my friendship with Sagar and Sagarika and he told me how he set up his work and worked hard to be the best in town. I also noticed another thing about Ayaan; he is a very down to earth person. He is just so humble. The drive back was also good; I am sure by now that Ayaan is a nice guy. One more thing about him is that he gets frequently lost in his thoughts and ends up staring. Staring, which does not scare me or make me uncomfortable.

While driving back I got a call from Sagarika and so stopped my car at a side and took her call. He heard my side of conversation with Sagu. Though I don't blame him, he was sitting right beside me so it was obvious that he heard. He questioned me about Ashfaq; I was able to see concern in his eyes. But I don't like talking around about my problems. And Ashfaq is one BIG problem of my life. I tell him in a nice way that there are things I don't discuss with anyone but my best friends. Thinking of Ashfaq I really wonder when that creep of a cousin will go back plus I hope I don't get to meet him when I return from the Alumni Meet. I want a peaceful night with my friend.

I take a deep breath and think about Sahil, yes my would be husband. The man about whom I don't know anything but his name and what he does. I wonder what will be my relationship with him; as for now I am happy that once I get married I will not have to face Ashfaq so frequently. Well I just hope so. Anyway looking at the time I realize that I have almost three hours in hand before I start for the Alumni Meet. There were not many customers today as Shifa told me, so I continue with the work I was doing in the morning before Ayaan came. After around two hours I decide to freshen up and get ready. I changed in my black anarkali dress and slipped in my heels. I don't like a lot of make up so I settled for my favorite mascara and eye liner along with a nude color lipstick. Leaving Shifa in charge again I settled in my car and drove out of my driveway. I am lucky to have trustworthy employees and without hesitation I leave my boutique on them to look after. I know she will close it just on time and deal with the customers gracefully. Driving towards my college I think about my conversation with Sagarika this morning. I wonder what she wants to talk about. She did sound serious but did not even give me a hint of the topic she wants to discuss. I guess I just have to wait till we go back after the Alumni Meet.

It took me almost an hour to reach my college and I parked my car in the college premises. As I got out I noticed one of my juniors approach me. I didn't exactly remember her name but surprisingly she remembered mine. I did have a light chit chat with her but I was really feeling embarrassed since I didn't remember her name. In a while Sagarika joined us and I was glad to see my bestie. She looked stunning in that black saree with her long hair left open. She had that naughty glint in her eyes, the same she has when she pulls someone's leg. Anyway we hugged and I asked her...

"What did you just do sweetheart? I can see a glimpse of the mischievous Sagarika" she gave me an innocent look and replied...

"What are you saying Zuby? I didn't do anything" then she winked at me and continued...

"Or maybe I teased a boy on my way" I couldn't help but laugh, and then I realized that she walked in the college so I questioned her again...

"Where is your car by the way?"

"I asked Sagar to drop me since I will be going back with you" I nodded in agreement and then both of us walked inside to where the party was being held. It was a really big auditorium. We enjoyed the whole time and met some other batch mates too. Sagu has a bigger friend circle than me and she had many girls to meet. A stage was set up and some entertainment programs were also arranged by the present final year students. Sagarika and I were together throughout the evening and finally when the DJ started we found a corner for ourselves at the back of the auditorium. I and Sagu danced like crazies and laughed our hearts out. It was always fun to be like this with my best friend. But I don't know why today even after enjoying myself to the fullest I was having this weird feeling, as if something is not right. I have this sudden heart sinking feeling like something bad might happen. I have not felt like this since a really long time and the more I think about it the more low I am feeling. All of a sudden the night when my parents met with that fatal accident haunts me once again; I am shocked at my own emotions at this moment. The environment here is so full of life and I on the other hand remember how I felt that night before hearing about my parents' accident. I finally ask Sagu to leave, she asks me the reason and I just walk out. Sagarika also becomes worried for me and immediately follows me outside. I tell her that I am not feeling good; she checked my forehead and asked if I have a headache or some other pain. I tell her that I am not feeling ill but I am suddenly feeling very anxious. We decided to head back to my house, the dinner was not served yet but I just couldn't stay any longer and Sagu was totally fine with it.

As we were walking towards my car Sagu slipped and hurt her left ankle. She was in pain and I decided to take her to the nearest clinic for first aid then we can head to my place. I called Sagar and informed him about everything that happened, he asked me to send him the location of the clinic once we reach there.

Helping Sagu to my car I made her sit inside and buckled her seatbelt. I settled on the driver's seat and drove to a local clinic nearby with the help of GPS. On reaching there I went into their emergency section and asked for a wheelchair as Sagu was in a lot of pain and it will be difficult for her to limp and get inside the clinic. Then I messaged Sagar our location and he replied back saying ...

"Will be there in 10 minutes" I got a ward boy to help me with the wheelchair and bring Sagu to the emergency room. The doctor on duty suggested that we first get an x ray and then he will take the necessary action. We got to the x ray room and since it was an emergency case we did not have to wait. Once the x ray was done we sat outside the emergency room waiting for the reports, I noticed Sagar walk in the clinic. I waved at him and he walked towards us, his eyes were full of concern. He asked us what the doctor said and I told him that we are waiting for the x ray report. Just then Sagarika's name was called out and I got up to take her reports. Immediately taking the reports to the doctor I asked Sagar to bring Sagu in once the doctor asked for her. Thankfully it is not a fracture and just a sprain, but a severe one. The doctor put a bandage on Sagu's ankle and asked her to take proper rest and not put any strain on her left foot for at least two days. We thanked the doctor and Sagar cleared the bills at the cashier outside. Now I knew that Sagu needs rest which means I can't take her with me so Sagar took Sagarika with him. I wanted to go with her but Sagar insisted that it will be too late for me. He told me either I stay at their place for the night otherwise I should head back to my house. I agreed to go back home because for an unknown reason I was still not comfortable myself. My whole day was so peaceful and calm then I wonder why such negative feelings. I told Sagu to take care of herself and told her that I will come and meet her tomorrow so that we can talk about whatever she wanted to discuss with me. I said good bye to both my friends and drove back.

When I reached my house it was almost 9 at night, I parked my car and entered. Uncle Jawwad and Sara Aunty along with Ashfaq were sitting at the dining table. I wished them and walked towards my room when suddenly Aunt Sara asked me to stop...

"Stop right there!" She seemed really pissed off and I don't know why I have a feeling that something is wrong and I am in trouble. I looked at her and she came closer to me then my head jerked to my right side as she slapped me hard across my left cheek. My vision was blurred with the tears that had instantly formed in my eyes while I tried to figure out what just happened.