What do you see?

Jin's POV

"I've missed this." Kai spoke to me with a soft voice while subtly sitting closer to me. "I've missed this too but..." Kai put my hand between his which surprised me. I pulled my hand away from his grasp. "There is a reason that we broke up Kai, I can't go through that again." Kai looked at the sky and laid back on the bench. "It's been so long since we broke up Jin, I've changed, I'm a better man now." He paused for a second to think about his next sentence. "I still love you Jin and I miss you everyday." I tried to avoid eye contact because I didn't know how to respond. I still loved him but I couldn't go through this mess again. 

Suddenly Kai got up and knelt in front of me, he held my hands and looked me in the eyes. "I'm sorry about the way I treated you, I promise I'll be better if you take me back." It was a cold night, so chilly that I could see his breath, every time he spoke. "I-I don't know Kai, I'm not sure, I don't want to get hurt again." Kai got up on his feet and pulled me up too. "Follow me" he walked through some bushes. It was dark so I decided to keep up before I lose sight of him. "Where are we going?" I asked while trying to keep up with him. "Just a few more steps!" We reached a ledge. I saw Kai climb it and sit on the edge, his feet floating over the cliff. "Be careful!" I shouted. He chuckled and patted the empty space next to him, telling me to sit beside him.

"What do you see?" he asked softly. "I see the whole city" I replied. "What else?" he asked again while gazing the beautiful view. "Lights?" Kai finally looked at me and smiled. "I used to come here everyday when we first broke up. I knew it was my fault and that I hadn't been good to you." He enjoyed the scenery for a few more seconds and continued. "You know what I see?" he paused. "I see life, people working, others having fun. Some of them are laughing with their friends while others cry for the ones they've lost." I was staring at him the whole time but he was lost in the night sky. "So much going on but up here it's different. Up here it's quite. This is how I felt when we broke up." He finally looked at me and our eyes met. "So much to do in the city but I couldn't enjoy any of it. To me, life was  lights without sound. I could see how beautiful it was but I couldn't really enjoy any of it." I could see a tear sneaking out of  his eye. I reached forward with my hand to wipe it. When my palm touched his cheek, he placed his hand on top of mine and held it in place. " You are the sound in my life Jin, you are the thing that gives everything meaning. I'm sorry for everything Jin, I understand that you don't want me back but I've been holding everything in for so long." He looked away again. I barely held my tears in. I had no idea that he felt this way. I was so focus on my own version of the events that I didn't take a second to stand in his shoes. "Look at me Kai." I said with my voice trembling. "I'm sorry, I never thought about how much I hurt you by leaving you. I should have stayed with you and help you become better but I took the easy way out..." I burst into tears. Kai came closer to me and wrapped his hands around me. "I'm sorry for everything Jin, I love you." I tried to control my voice over the intense sobbing. "I love you too Kai." We both got off the ledge and faced each other. "So what do you say?" he stared inside my soul with his cute puppy eyes. "Yes!" I fell on his arms and my lips interlocked with his. After our passionate kiss ended, I rubbed my arms with my hands. "It's getting really cold, I think we should head back." Kai kissed my forehead, "Sure, I'll drive you home."

Taehyung's POV

They've been out for at least two and a half hours. Why am I feeling this way? "Get a hold of yourself Tae! You just met the guy!" But I couldn't help but feel jealous. I wanted him all for myself but I could never have him. "I hope nothing happens between them." I decided to find something to keep my mind away from Jin and Kai. After I drank a glass of water, I decided to snoop around the house. I searched inside the drawers and the closets hoping to find something that would take my mind away from them but nothing was interesting enough. Suddenly, inside a kitchen drawer, I found something peculiar. A burnt out birthday candle was wrapped inside a napkin. I found it weird but not interesting enough so I put it back without paying much attention to it.

I found my way to Jin's bedroom. It was beige and clean. He had a big bed, dressed with pink silk sheets. I laid on his bed, on my back, staring at the ceiling. "Would he ever fall for a guy like me? A guy who has nothing and no one?" I asked myself. I was his pity case, I was nothing more than a guy he helped. "He is such a good person, I don't deserve him" I thought. I was slowly falling for him. Suddenly I heard his voice from downstairs.

"Taehyung!" he shouted. I rushed down the stairs but I had no idea what was expecting me there. "Hey Taehyung!" Kai said smiling. Why is he here? "Hi Kai!" I smiled back. "Kai will spend the night, I hope you don't mind Taehyung." Jin said while walking towards the kitchen. "No problem, I will sleep on the couch and he can take the guest room." Jin came back with a glass of water. "There is no need for that Tae, Kai will sleep with me!" he winked at Kai while giving him the glass of water. "Thank's babe!" Kai kissed Jin on the cheek. What is going on? Are they back together? Should I ask? Kai drank the whole glass of water and placed it on the table. "Are you sure we haven't met before Taehyung?" I didn't want him to remember me from the streets, begging for food so I tried to avoid the question. "I'm exhausted, Jin can you show me to the guest room?" Jin told me to follow him while he climbed up the stairs and walked down the hall. "Here is your room. The bed is already set. Let me just get you a pair of pajamas." he turned his back to head to the closet in his room but I stopped him before he could make another step. "There is no need, I sleep naked." He turned around and I could see his cheeks turn red so I chuckled. "OK, goodnight then!" He came in for a hug and I hugged him so tight that our bodies aligned. After a good ten-seconds hug, I stepped back. "Goodnight Jin"