Bonus: That Day (Pt.3)

"The price might seem a bit much but the top of the art architectural design makes this venue something to drool over. The house itself is comfortable and emits a unique aura that kindles joy. It provides a lot of options with more than enough rooms to use as you please. Game room? You got it, dance studio? Yes sir!" the real estate lady smiled at Taemin brightly. " It's exactly what I'm looking for, my fiance will love it but I have one question. What do you know about the neighborhood?" Taemin asked, rubbing the bottom of his chin softly.  "It's quiet and peaceful, there is a patrol during the night to add extra protection. Everyone gets along as far as I know but as you can see, there aren't many houses around so you can tell that you won't have to complain about noise." she reassured the young man. "Great! Where do I sign?" Taemin exclaimed, filled with excitement about his new investment. "Here," she handed him a bunch of papers and a pen. Taemin signed and handed them back. "As long as the deposit is taken care of, you can move in first thing next Monday!" she bowed smiling and Taemin thanked her before she handed him the keys and they left.

"Jin will love this." he whispered to himself, admiring the beautiful building that was now his. Satisfied with his choice and after a long day of house hunting, he decided to head back home and tell his lover the good news. On the way to his car he heard screaming and granting coming out of an alley. He walked closer and looked carefully. A hooded man had cornered a young man next to a dumpster and he was kicking him violently. The young man was screaming and covering his face with his hands. Taemin quickly ran over to help the man, he jumped on the hooded man and pushed him. The hooded figure was now laying on the ground, doing nothing. "Are you OK?" Taemin asked, not taking his eyes away from the culprit. "I am, thanks Taemin." the young man answered. "Wha-" Taemin jumped surprised at the sound of his name but a cold feeling made him freeze as the man stabbed him with a hand knife. Taemin knelt on the floor, feeling weak and betrayed by the stranger. "Who are you?" he stuttered before trying his best to get back up. The young man smiled with his two bunny-like teeth popping out. "Don't you recognize your own brother-in-law?" Taeming looked at the previously hooded figure. "You..." he said, recognizing Jin's father. "What the..." he tried to yell at them but another knife pierced through his rib cage. "You don't deserve to breath. I lost a son because of you." he spat out, punching and stabbing Taemin repeatedly.

Blood was everywhere, splattered across the walls and dumpsters. A red pool was formed next to Taemin who was laying on the ground, barely breathing. "I thought you wanted to make this look like a robbery gone wrong." the younger one said. "Now it looks like a hate crime, you stabbed him like three thousand times dad..." he added. "Shut up Jungkook, it's not like I did all of the stabbing." he scoffed and Jungkook chuckled. "That's... True." they cackled over Taemin's body. "Let's go." Jungkook walked away but stopped when his father didn't follow. "What are you doing dad?" he asked at the sight of his father crouching over Taemin's almost lifeless carcass. "I want my souvenir." he gloated, pulling Taemin's ring off his finger. "Let's go." said Jungkook before they walked away like nothing happened.

It's true what they say. Life will always find a way to ruin you when you think that everything will be fine. It's life's way to test you, see if you are worthy of living, but failing on a simple test doesn't mean that you are not worthy. Sometimes luck plays a defining role in what happens. Taemin always wondered what death was like, do you really see you life flash before your eyes? Do you really see a bright light that guides you to a better after? Those were the thoughts that crossed through Taemin's head as he was drawing his last breath. The truth was that none of it was true. You just... die, thinking about the ones you love, the ones you leave behind. "I love you." Seokjin's voice echoed inside Taemin's head before his soul flew away.

He might be gone but he will always be there for his love, inside his memories, Jin would always have him by his side as long as he remembered him, as long as he loved him.

---------

I've been procrastinating because I didn't want this to be over but all good things must come to an end ( cliche lol ) Thank you for reading this book and supporting me with your votes and comments.

I hope you enjoyed the ride and I didn't bore you along the way.

I'm working on a lot of stuff rights now and I'm excited to publish more books in the future.

Please follow me if you want to keep in touch with me and my work and my dms are always open UwU

Thank you for reading and as always, please take care of yourselves <3

xx Dean