News

y/n's pov

it was finally the weekend and i head off to the gryffindor common room. harry told me the password in case i needed to get to them. while walking i notice the bushy haired hermione, ginger, and harry. i smile brightly and rush to catch up with them. "hello you three." i remark causing the trio to slightly jump. i smile and soon they do too.

"hey y/n what is it?" ginger asks.

"so i need a reason to see the three of you now? i just want to hang out and talk." i explain and they nod content. 

"y/n we have something serious we need to talk to you about." harry starts.

hermione quickly injects herself into the conversation. "are you sure we should tell her?"

"of course we can, she's one of our friends" harry responds.

"but she is a slytherin. you kno-" hermione continues.

"yes i'm a slytherin but i don't know much about the people in my house and i won't disrespect my friends or lose their trust. please tell me this urgent news harry." i say slightly crossed about hermione's thoughts of not trusting me.

the raven haried boy lowers his voice as he begins, "it's about snape. we th-"

"what are four pupils like you doing out on a wonderful day like this." says a cold, growl. i turn to see proffessor snape. speak of the devil. "why don't you go outside. staying in people might think you're," he pauses and makes eye contact with harry then continues, "up to something.

"yes professor pardon us we were just getting out of the sun for a moment." i say quickly and then drag harry away. ginger and hermione quickly follow.

"quick thinking y/n" ginger remarks. i nod and find a spot where not many people are.

"please continue harry" i say concern on my face.

"we think snape is trying to steal something....something important. there's this thing called the philosophers stone. it g-"

"gives the elixer of life and can turn metal into gold yes i know. it was created by the sorcerer Nicholas Flamel." i cut off. harry nods. "why would snape want such a thing? to be honest i doubt such a thing would be at hogwarts. what's your proof?" i question.

hermione quickly states "i knew we shouldn't have told her. nothing could ever be wrong with the slytherin head of house." she mocks.

i growl "i never said nothing can be wrong with him. professor snape is can be awful. he bullies students after all. i just doubt that such an important thing would be placed in a school full of adolescent wizards." i say glaring into the brown eyes of the muggle born.

"anyway!" ginger says "we have proof on why we think it's in hogwarts. the third floor corridor. we know why dumbledore said we shouldn't go there. there's a three-headed dog name-"

"cerberus?" i finish. "he's the gaurd dog of the underworld. what type if headmaster would have such a thing in a school."

"no if you wouldn't interrupt us while trying to explain" hermione snaps, "as ron was saying the dogs name if actually Fluffy. hagrid owns him. Fluffy was standing on a trap door meaning that he's gaurding something. not to mention the day harry went to diagon alley hagrid grabbed a small package from a vault. the vault was later robbed though nothing was tooken as hagrid already cleared it out. hagrid specifically said that it was hogwarts buissness."

"fair enough. now why do you think it's snape." i question.

hermione begins "actually i don't believe it's snape. i mean d-" then is cut off by harry.

"on halloween when quirrell, mcgonagall, and snape came into the bathroom with the troll snape's leg was bloody and he was limping. he must have tried to get past fluffy for the stone."

i nod. at the moment i would enjoy a change of subject. then i remember that on monday the first quidditch game plays. gryffindor against slytherin. "harry do you think you're ready for monday?" i question.

"huh? oh right the game. yeah i think i'm ready." i smirk. harry may be my friend but i do (not) support my house (i don't know anyone yet why would i).

"oh well i don't know harry, you're going against slytherin and i bet our team is pretty good." i say falsely. to be honest i don't have a clue about what our team is like.

"i bet gryffindor will win." he says smilling.

i giggle. "to be honest i'm rooting for you." i whisper. the trio snickers and ginger speaks again.

"you're not rooting for your house?" he asks slightly shocked.

"no, i don't know anyone on the quidditch team and i'm gonna root for my friend."

"i can't wait for monday." harry says triumphantly. "we're gonna knock the socks off slytherin." i smile high fiving him before getting up.

"i best write home and update my parents. have a nice rest of your day." i say stretching before heading to the dungeons.