Second attack

y/n's pov

I was walking along when peeves flies fast down the hallway.

"HARRY POTTER HEIR OF SALAZAR SLYTHERIN PETRIFIED ANOTHER STUDENT AND NEARLY HEADLESS NICK" he screams. i freeze for a sec in shock. there's been another attack, i know it wasn't harry but my mind races. How does a ghost get petrified. I run trying to find harry and run face first into the raven hair boys back. 

"Harry what happened?" i ask panic in my voice.

"i don't know i was walking through the halls and saw finch-fletchey frozen and nearly headless nick all black and frozen and i'm just as confused as you are." he explains sounding equally panicked. 

just stay calm y/n it'll be fine. just think.

"now everyone thinks im the heir of slytherin and causing all the attacks. why would i want to attack my house ghost? why would i want to attack anyone really" harry says sadly and looks down. i hug him sighing. "you know what. i'm gonna find out who's really doing this. I need to prove my innocence." 

i nod. "do you have any guesses already? it's hard to have a blind lead." i ask.

"well someone from slytherin i bet," he laughs half-heartedly at his seeming joke. i laugh too. "I bet malfoy knows who's doing this though."

"why draco?"

"he's a rich pure-blood slytherin 'everyone adores'. surely someone's told him something. or maybe he's behind it." harry explains. i'm a bit skeptical but nod anyways.

dumbledore walks over, "harry i need you to follow me please." he says and walks away. i give my friend a hopeful smile and thumbs up as he follows dumbledore away.

he thinks malfoy opened the chamber of secrets. that's absurd. i sigh and leave to the library; maybe the books will have something about this monster. while walking to the library i see ernie macmillion. He's a hufflepuff and i see him every now and then.

"he was right at the scene he's been caught red-handed. it's obvious he's the heir of slytherin."

i sigh and walk over. "hello?"

"oh uh hi y/n?"

"who you talking about?" I ask trying to act like I didn't know.

"oh uh just potter" Macmillion is annoying but his idea is amusing even if I knew iit already.

I can't help but laugh. "potter? why would harry open the chamber of secrets. why would the gryffindor who's best friend is a muggle born, grew up with muggles, was nearly killed by the most evil slytherin, open the chamber of secrets?" 

they stay silent, I smirk and turn away leaving bumping into dragon boy. I remember how harry thinks he's the one who opened the chamber of secrets. I smile to myself and walk around despite him calling out trying to get my attention.

ideas please!!!