~Chapter 3~

• Dedicated to Robin Williams (For being such a good man <3 we love you)

~Amna

I woke up on a hospital chair next to Ashton. He moved a little and opened his eyes. I looked around. Everyone was awake now. We have been waiting for his results. 

I really can't believe he doesn't remember. The pounding in my chest has increased and my palms are sweaty. 

"For Calum Hood?" A nurse walked in. Michael, Luke, Ashton, Sophia and I all stood to our feet. "Calum has a bit of Amnesia.I did tests and asked him questions, and he only remembers up to 4 years ago." Luke swallowed. "He doesn't remember our band."

Michael and Ashton looked down not saying anything. "He doesn't know I exist." The words escaped my lips. The lump in my throat grew and tears swelled in my eyes. "Amna. I am so sorry." Ashton embraced me into a hug.

The nurse smiled. "If you boys wouldn't mind, it would be good for you to go talk to Calum a little bit and see if he remembers any." Michael nodded. 

They hugged me. "I am sorry. He'll remember you eventually, it is hard to forget someone as amazing as you."Michael smiled sympathetically at me then went off with the boys.

"I am gonna go home. You can stay here with Ashton." I spoke to Sophia. "Can you please get some sleep and eat something? For me." I nodded. "Bye sophia." I hugged her then exited the hospital.

My heels clicked against the wet pavement as I walked to my car. 'Calum really forgot about me' I thought to myself.

I closed my car door and buckled my seat belt. I grabbed the steering wheel with my shaky hands. I need to clear my thoughts. I turned the radio on and I began to drive.

"Here is a song off of 5 Seconds of Summer's debut album, Beside you." A woman spoke. "Within a minute I was all packed up, I've got a ticket to another world, I dont wanna go, I dont wanna go." I began to cry. I remember Calum told me he was going toput this song on the new album because he missed me.

I pulled up to my small house. My tears still poured out of my eyes.

The house stayed empty. I have been at the hospital for the past two days, the time Calum was in a coma. I had called off work but I do have to go later tonight. Guess I cant have dinner with my mum.

I know I need to sleep. But that was the last thing on my mind at the moment. I dont have the time to sleep. Things are not okay enough for me to be sleeping. But I need to try

I slid into some comfotable pajama pants and put Calums foofighters shirt on. His scent still lingered on the shirt.

~

The clock kept ticking. The room silent. I still haven't slept. I have work in about 2 hours. 

I took a deep breath and bit my lip. More time passed by. Why did all of this have to happen. What did I do to deserve this? What did Calum do?

My cellphone saved me from drowning in my thoughts. "Hello?" I said not bothering to check caller ID. "Good news." Ashtons voice rang through my ears. I shot up from the bed. "Tell me." I dangled my legs waiting for a reply. "Calum remembers Luke, Michael, and I but he doesnt remember you or the band. He doesnt even remember how to play bass or any of our songs." He said sighing

My heart dropped into my stomach. My body seemed as if it was swallowing me. "I-" Is all I could push out of my throat. "I would try as hardas I could to get him to remember you but...the doctor said let the memories come back to him." I swallowed

"Thanks Ash. When is he gettign out?" I asked tapping my thumb on my knee. "Tomorrow morning. Be here if you can. Bye love." He said then hung up.