Chapter 2

Airport San Antonio

4pm

Jack was walking up the steps waving to the crowd. He couldn’t believe the reception he’d been given. He was about to go to his and Jackie’s private cabin when Kenny stopped him. “Do you want to come and discuss our next stop in Houston?”

“Oh no you should take a break, I’m going too.”

“Ok Mr President.”

When he reached the private cabin Jackie was lying on the bed. She’d taken her hat and shoes off but she looked stunning. He gently sat down beside her and started playing with her hair. “You were amazing out there, you do make a difference.”

Jackie smiled childishly and kissed him. She kissed him with full force causing him to pull back. “Jackie?”

“Yes?”

“You want to? Here? now?”

“Yes.”

Jack grinned and kissed her back accepting her tongue. It wasn’t long till he found the zip on the back of her dress. She was moaning softly into his neck, his touch was warm and loving she would happily stay in his arms for the rest of her life.

After they’d made love, they lay facing each other. Nothing could interrupt their moment. They were lost in each other’s eyes; Jack hadn’t seen Jackie as happy since before they’d lost Patrick. “I love you Jackie.”

“I love you too Jack.”

They were lying when there was a knock at the door. “We’ll be landing in fifteen minutes.”

“Ok.”

Jack got up and started dressing. Jackie quickly slid back into her dress and fixed her hair. She made the bed before helping Jack into a fresh shirt. “You look really nice in that dress.”

“Thank you bunny but I’ll have your favourite suit on tomorrow.”

“Oh yeah I forgot I asked you to wear it.”

When the plane landed Jack and Jackie emerged from the cabin seeming happier. For people close to them they could tell the President had changed his shirt. They were waiting to go out when Kenny nudged him. “What?”

“You have a little lipstick above your ear.”

He quickly rubbed it off. “Thanks.”

Kenny nodded.

When Jackie walked out into the Texas sunlight a massive cheer went up. Jack stood just out of view from the press watching her. He was full of pride. He forgot where he was for a moment till he was told to go. He waved as he walked down the steps; he couldn’t get over how much Jackie had embraced this trip even with the sadness she still felt over Patrick.