Chapter 22

Tuesday 24th December 1963

Camp David

4pm

“Okay close your eyes.” Jack said to his agents.

“Sir we’re meant to be protecting you.” Jerry argued.

“Just shut up for two minutes.” Jack teased. “Ok now open your eyes.”

His agents gasped.

“Surprise!” Jack exclaimed. Jackie stood beside him smiling.

“I’m sorry I’ve kept you and your families apart so many times this year so I thought you could celebrate Christmas together.”

“Sir that’s really nice thank you.”

Jack grinned. “Go on have a nice time.”

They watched for a few minutes as the agents hugged their wives and children before heading into their cabin. Caroline and John were sitting on the sofa watching the snow hitting of the window.

“Do you want to go have a snow ball fight?” Jack asked.

Caroline and John nodded and ran outside, Jack quickly followed. Jackie smiled as she watched them from the window.

“Ha-ha missed me Daddy!” Caroline yelled.

Jack laughed. Suddenly his kids pushed him down into the snow. They were laughing hysterically.

8pm

After tucking the children into bed Jack went through to the sitting room. Jackie was sitting watching a Christmas film.

“God I’m exhausted, the kids know how to wear me down.” Jack laughed.

“Its cause you’re getting old.”

Jack chuckled.

“Jackie, can I tell you something?” Jack asked.

“Sure bunny, what’s up?”

Jack took her hands and looked into her eyes. “I’m ready.”

Jackie grinned. “Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Come on then.”

Jack got up and followed her to their room; he shut the door and pushed her down on to the bed. Jackie was kissing him passionately and moaning softly. Jack grinned as he lay down beside her.

After they’d made love they lay facing each other. “I was thinking we could start looking into adopting soon.”

“Yes, I think so too.”

Jackie grinned as she traced his jaw line. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Jack replied. “Thank you for helping me after the miscarriage.”

“Thank you for helping me too.”

Jack smiled and kissed her. “Let’s get some sleep; I need a lot of energy for tomorrow.”

Jackie laughed. “So true.”