Chapter 42

Thursday 29th October

Television Studios, Washington DC

It was the final push of the campaign, Jack had worked extremely hard and had barley seen his family properly. This was Jackie's first appearance with Jack since the birth and he was happy he was with her.

The First Couple were sitting hand in hand in their limousine; they were on their way to the final debate against Barry Goldwater.

"Well this is an exciting night out." Jackie teased.

Jack smiled. "Well I'm glad you're here."

"I know but it's my first night out since Molly was born and we're going to listen to politics."

"Yeah but this could get me elected."

Jackie giggled. "I know bunny and you'll do well."

They shared a quick and tender kiss just before they arrived.

President Kennedy's Dressing Room

7pm

Jackie was standing at the door watching her husband up on stage arguing with Barry Goldwater. There was a photographer who kept taking her picture. "You should be taking pictures of my husband." Jackie said.

"Why?"

"Because he's about to be re-elected."

The Photographer smiled. "I'll take pictures of him when he wins."

Jackie sighed. "You lot really are annoying."

"Only according to you Mrs Kennedy."

Jackie laughed. "My husband says I'm always right."

"I can't argue with that."

Jackie watched as the photographer wondered away. She was lost in thought when Pierre appeared beside her. "It's nice to have you back with us." Pierre smiled.

"It's good to be back but I'm very sure Jack could have taken me out for a nicer night than this since it's my first outing since the birth."

Pierre laughed. "I'm sure the President has something up his sleeve."

Jackie looked at him. "Have you met my husband?"

Pierre chuckled. "Are you staying to see me and Kenny giving an interview after the debate's finished?"

"Of course we are but I think we're watching it in the dressing room."

"Ok thanks, it means a lot Mrs Kennedy."

"Pierre please call me Jackie."

Pierre smiled. "Of course."

8pm

When the debate ended Jack walked down of the stage and to the back corridor where the dressing rooms were located. When he saw Jackie he embraced her tightly. "You were great bunny."

"Thanks kid."

His staff suddenly rushed up to him and started congratulating him. "Thanks guys, I'm going for a rest I'll watch Pierre and Kenny as well."

They nodded and watched as the President closed the door. This was the most privacy they were going to get for a while.

"I know this isn't exactly what you probably had planned for you first night out since the birth but I'm glad you're here." Jack said flopping down on to the sofa.

Jackie grinned as she sat down beside him. He loosened his tie before putting his arm round his wife and resting his head on her shoulder. Jackie gingerly played with his hair.

"Jackie?"

"Yes bunny?"

"My back's in agony." Jack whispered.

She gently rubbed his back causing him to roll over so he was facing her. He grinned.

"What?" Jackie asked.

Without saying anything, Jack moved slowly up her body and began kissing her lips passionately. She was moaning softly when she pulled back. "Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want too?"

A smile spread across his face. "It's been nearly six months, so yes."

Jackie laughed and quickly began kissing him with full force.

After they'd made love, the couple sat cuddled into each other breathing heavily. Their moment was quickly interrupted by a knock at the door. "Just a minute." Jack called jumping to his feet. He and Jackie quickly began dressing but suddenly the door opened.

Jack jumped and turned round to find himself face to face with Bobby.

"Wow mate you look a mess."

Jack glared at him. "Just shut up Bobby." Jack said as he finished buttoning his shirt.

Jackie zipped up her dress and began fixing her hair when she felt Jack wrapping his arms round her. He gently kissed her hair. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Mr President."

They smiled at each other as Bobby mocked them.