Chapter 14

Logan Airport

Monday 25th November 1963

10am

Jack and Jackie emerged from the plane looking tired and drained, so did their agents. Jack was completely preoccupied his mind was focused on Jackie and going to visit Patrick.

Jack slid his hand into Jackie’s as they got into the car. “Clint can you make sure the press don’t follow us?” Jack asked.

“Don’t worry Sir Jerry’s on it.”

Jack nodded.

When they arrived at the cemetery Jackie got out of the car and walked alone to Patrick’s grave. Jack watched her for a minute from the car before joining her. She was quietly crying as she traced the word Kennedy on the grave.

After a few minutes Jackie turned and ran back to the car. Jack sighed, how much longer could this hell last? “I love you Patrick see you soon.”

When Jack got back to the car he wrapped Jackie in his arms. “Jack.” Jackie sobbed.

“It’s okay Jackie we’re going home now.”

She cried into his shirt, hiding her face from the secret service. Jack held her till they got home. “Come on kid we’ll be okay.”

Jackie nodded and sat up. She looked white, tired and weak Jack thought as he helped her out.

She went into the house, Jack turned to talk to his agents. “You’ve worked hard these last few days and I really do appreciate it. I know you’ve barley seen your families and I apologise about that and I’ll give you time off, but if you need anything do ask, if you want food help yourself and use the bathroom if you want. Jackie and I won’t be going out much we’re just going to celebrate John’s birthday.”

“Sir we are really all sorry about what happened in Dallas.” Jerry said.

Jack nodded and headed into the house. John and Caroline were sitting in the living room with Jackie. They were sitting with John’s presents waiting on him so John could open them.