Chapter 40

“What do you think we should call her?” Jackie asked after a while of silence.

“Molly.”

Jackie turned and looked up at him. “Molly?”

Jack nodded. “It’s Irish.”

“It’s beautiful.” Jackie smiled.

“Are we agreed on Molly?” Jack asked.

“Absolutely, I love it.”

“Any suggestions for a middle name?”

“Actually…. I was thinking Patrick.” Jackie replied timidly.

“Molly Patrick Kennedy…..I love it.”

“Me too bunny.”

Jack kissed her passionately.

Once they were back in Jackie’s room, Jackie fell asleep. Jack stood up quietly and headed down to the nursery.

When he reached Ben’s room, he stopped and hesitated outside for a moment. He then knocked on the door. “Yeah?” A young voice called.

Jack poked his head round. “Is it alright if I come?”

The boy gasped and nodded. Jack came in and closed the door; he then sat down on the chair beside the bed.

“Hi I’m Jack Kennedy.”

“H…Hi I’m Ben….Ben Norton.” The gobsmacked boy replied.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Mr President why are you in my room?” Ben asked.

“I want to say how much I admire your strength and courage during this difficult time for you, I want to invite you and your family to the White House one day.”

The boy smiled. “Really?”

Jack nodded.

“Thank you sir.”

“My wife would be here with me but she just gave birth to a baby girl.”

“Congratulations sir, what’s she called?”

“Molly.”

The boy froze. “That was my mother’s name.”

“Oh Ben I’m so sorry.” Jack said as he watched the boy burst in to tears. He stood up and hugged the boy till he’d composed himself.

“I’m sorry Mr President.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry for.”

After half an hour Jack left and went and saw Molly. He was holding her hand when Jerry entered. “Mr President?”

“Yes?” Jack asked taking his eyes off Molly.

“Mrs Kennedy want’s you.”

Jack laughed. “Ok I’m just coming.”

Jack smiled as he left the room he was elated. He just had a campaign to win now.