Chapter 41

Monday 7th September 1964

GW Hospital

Jackie Kennedy’s Room

Jack stood holding Baby Molly; they were getting ready to leave. “Jack?” Jackie asked as she entered the room.

“Yes kid?”

“I love you.”

Jack turned and smiled. “I love you too.”

The couple were standing waiting at the main door after thanking the staff waiting to be told it was safe to go out. Jackie was holding her daughter tightly, she knew the nation was excited but definitely not as much as she and Jack were.

“We’re ready Mr President.” Clint said.

Jack nodded and opened the door for his wife. They walked past the press and into the car. Jackie held her new-born close, she was so precious.

Once they were on route back to the White House Jack took Molly from his wife and held her close. “Molly this is your life….You’re a Kennedy, you’re a first daughter but most importantly you are our miracle.” Jack said turning to look at his wife.

“Oh Jack that’s so true.”

When they arrived home Bobby was standing with Caroline and John. Jack got out and handed Molly to Jackie before hugging his children. “Daddy! Can we see her?” Caroline asked.

“Of course buttons.”

Jackie bent down and let Caroline and John see her. Jack couldn’t help but smile, everything was perfect.

Tuesday 8th September 1964

The Oval Office

Jackie had brought Molly down to see Jack but she’d been called away so Jack was sitting holding his daughter while trying to sign his name.

“Mr President, your next appointments here.” Mrs Lincoln called from the outer office.

“Just a minute.”

He didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t talk politics while he had Molly in his arms. He got up and knocked on the door which belonged to Kenny’s office. When he opened it, everyone rose to their feet. He must have been having a meeting. “Sorry to disturb you but Kenny please get your ass through here I need your help.”

“Ok Mr President.”

Once the two men were alone Jack handed Molly to Kenny. “Eh Jack?”

“I need to speak to the French ambassador I can’t be holding Molly.”

“So I have too? When I’m in my meeting?” Kenny asked confused.

“Oh no Kenny, I meant you were to go and find Jackie.”

Kenny sighed. “Ok fine.”

Jack smiled to himself as he watched his chief of staff leave. He then got down to work.