17

LORELEI

"Good morning," David's voice is soft and raspy in my ear, thick with sleep. I let out a quiet yawn, shaking my head as I curl further into the man's arms, my fingers bunching up the fabric of his thin shirt. My eyes remain closed, my mind half awake and half asleep. 

"Mm," I mumble, burying my face in his chest, inhaling David's scent. "Not yet," I whisper, bringing my head up to rest on his shoulder. He's been up for over an hour, already having worked out and showered, smelling fresh and clean like his shampoo. 

"Yeah it is," David chuckles, pressing a kiss on my cheek. "It's past nine, lovebug," He says, his fingers skimming over my arm. I flinch, shaking my head and rolling onto my side so that my back is facing the man.

"No," I groan, burying my face in the pillow. "I'm so tired." My eyes remained closed, my mind desperately begging to go back to sleep. "You kept me up too late last night." I frown as I force my eyes open, the sunlight practically blinding me.

David smirks as his eyes scan over my neck, dark purple bruises littering the skin all the way down my throat to my collarbones. "You weren't complaining then, princess," David teases, his lips finding mine. 

I sigh, my lips moving slowly against David's. I pull away after a moment, covering my face with my hands. "I want to sleep, D. Please," I whine, my fingers curling in his hair, tugging lightly at the soft strands. 

"We'll miss our flight, sweetpea," David says, his lips brushing over my cheek. "Come on, love. Don't make this difficult." I whine out, my body craving sleep as I slowly force my stiff muscles to move up into a sitting position. 

Goosebumps rise all over my skin as the blanket falls off my body, my lips parting in a quiet whimper. I rub at my tired face, shaking my head. "Davey, can you grab my leggings?" I whisper, not trusting my legs to not give out on me if I were to stand up.

David chuckles, kissing my cheek before he obliges, standing up and ambling to the closet. He thumbs through my clothes for a moment before he selects a pair of black leggings, tossing the fabric at me. I pull the fabric over my bare legs quickly, thankful for the warmth they provide. I stand up, shaking my head as I stretch out my arms and legs, letting a whimper pass my lips as I do so. "You alright, love?" David asks, his hand squeezing my hip gently. 

I nod my head, wiping at my tired face once more before I pull open the closet, grabbing the first hoodie I see. It's one of David's, of course, and I pull it over my head instantly, smiling as his scent engulfs me. I finish getting dressed slowly, taking my time as I pull on a pair of fuzzy socks and slide my feet into a pair of Birkenstocks. "Those are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen," David tells me as we get into Corinna's car, the girl having offered to drive us to the airport. 

"They're cute," I defend, shoving the man lightly before turning to smile at Corinna. "Thank you for driving us, Corinna. I'm gonna miss you the most," I reach across the seat to smile at her. I'm sitting in the back with David while Astley occupies the passenger seat, his head hanging out of the window, tongue stuck out and tail wagging. 

Corinna smiles at me through the mirror. "I'm gonna miss you too, Lorelei," Corinna assures me, turning to face the road. It's an half hour drive to the airport, but to me it couldn't be long enough. I'm going to miss LA for the few days I'm gone. I'm going to miss Astley, and I'm certainly going to miss my friends. 

However, as David squeezes my hand gently, a surge of excitement races through my veins. I'm excited to meet his family, and to explore the place where he grew up. It'll only be a few days, and I decide that since this is the case, I need to make the best of it.