30

LORELEI

"Are you sure about this?" 

David's voice is quiet and cautious as he peers over at me from across the kitchen, a carton of eggs in his hand. I nod my head, taking a sip from my mug of hot chocolate before setting the cup down on the marble counter, letting out a quiet hum. "I think it's time," I say, shrugging my shoulders. "Besides, you already tweeted it." 

My boyfriend gazes over at me, setting the camera down on the island. "Yeah, but we can wait if you want. I know you must be nervous about what they'll think," David approaches me, a soft smile on his lips. 

"I'm ready, Davey," I say, checking my phone. I retweet David's tweet, which asked his fans to send us questions to answer while we baked Christmas cookies. It's only been half an hour and thousands of tweets have already come pouring in. "Want to start the camera?"

David smiles, kissing my cheek softly before moving to turn on the camera. He introduces his second channel and makes his way over to me, pointing to the mixing bowl in my hands. "Okay, I guess we should just get into the questions," He says, turning on his phone and scrolling as I mix the batter. 

"Egg, please," I interrupt, smiling as he fakes a scowl. David passes me an egg, watching with amusement as I crack the food with one hand, discarding the broken shell. "Anyways, you were saying?"

"'What's your favorite Christmas tradition?'" David reads, his eyes meeting mine. "I really like giving presents, you know? I just like seeing how happy people get," David beams down at me. "Your's, Lor?"

I take a moment to think before parting my lips to answer, still stirring the batter of the cookie mix. "Baking," I declare. "And hot chocolate. And decorating," I grin, nudging David softly. "Get the vanilla extract, please."

David smiles, squeezing my hip gently before he turns away, moving to one of the cabinets. He shuffles around for a moment, searching for the small vial of vanilla. I pick up his phone, scrolling through the tweets. "'Are you guys dating?'" I read out, glancing over at David. 

He looks at me, a light blush heating his cheeks. "Yes," David answers, looking at the camera before he waves the extract in his hand. "Found it, petal," He tosses me the vial. I take it, unscrewing the small cap and putting it down on the counter. I put a drop or two into the batter, stirring it around for a moment before putting the cap back on. 

"'How is Astley?'" David reads out. The small dog's ears perk up at the pure mention of his name, letting out a light bark. I smile and shake my head, giggling. "He's great," David answers, his arm snaking around my waist, shoulder bumping against mine. "Smells good."

David moves to dip his hand into the batter, my palm snapping out to swat his wrist gently. "No!" I scold, grinning at him. "Davey, uh-uh, you can't eat the batter!"

"Why?" David whines, fake pouting. 

I perk a brow, placing a hand on my hip. "There's raw egg in it, babe," I elbow him lightly, rolling my eyes. I stir the batter for another moment as David answers a few questions, turning around to find a baking sheet for the cookies. I locate it quickly enough, bending over to pick it up. 

We answer a few questions together as I lay out the cookies on a sheet of parchment paper, smiling as David hums along to the quiet Christmas music that plays. "I love you," He says quietly. 

I glance up at him, biting my bottom lip as I gaze up into his eyes. "Mm, love you more," I whisper, nudging him lightly. I glance over at the camera, giggling as I turn around to open the oven, placing the cookies inside. When I turn back to face the camera, David's hands meet my hips, pulling my body flush against his, his soft lips meeting mine.

"You taste like candy canes," David murmurs when I pull away, a grin on his lips. "I love you." 

I roll my eyes playfully, shoving my boyfriend. "God, I love you," David mumbles, looking down into my eyes. "I'm gonna edit this out. It's a bit much, yeah?" When I nod, David blushes, his lips forming a soft smile. "I love you."

"D," I say, raising a brow. "I love you," I tell him, squeezing his hand gently. "Are you okay?"

"Just nervous," David says, nodding. I smile and return my gaze to my phone, setting a timer for when the cookies should be done. David reads out a few more various questions, ranging from between how we met and what David's plans are for the holidays, leaving out the bit about me coming along. 

David and I finish up baking after thirty minutes, ending the video with the usual outro for his second channel. He helps me clean up while we nibble on cookies, chatting back and forth. "These are actually really good," David tells me, smiling as he dries off one of the dishes. 

I grin, nudging David softly. "All thanks to you, love," I say, smiling up at the love of my life. I put down the plate, moving my hands to wipe them off on a cloth. "What do you want for dinner, bub? I'll start cooking while you edit." 

"Mm," David hums, checking the time on his watch. "I think I'll ask Natalie to edit and we can go out to dinner, yeah?" 

I smile at his proposition, raising a brow. "Where do you want to go?" I question, leaning back against the counter as I gaze up at the man, his hands interlocked with mine. 

"Somewhere fancy, hm? We never go out," David looks down at me with a smile on his lips, lost in his eyes. I bite my bottom lip, nodding my head, squeezing his hand. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," I bring a hand up to brush my bangs out of my face, smiling at David. "I'll need to get ready, though. Make sure Natalie doesn't mind editing, though. She's your friend, not just your assistant," I remind him, bringing myself up onto my tiptoes and kissing his cheek. 

"I know, petal," David's lips twist up in a smile, his free hand cupping my jaw. "God, I love you." He kisses my lips gently, nose pressed up against mine. "We'll leave in an hour or two?"

"Sounds good," I answer, allowing the man to keep me pressed up close to him for a moment, my head resting on his chest, our fingers interlocked. "I love you. I'm glad that we're going out, and I'm glad that we're letting all your followers know about us."