41

LORELEI

"I love your dress," Corinna tells me as she sidles up to me, resting her arm on my shoulder. I give her a smile, thanking her as I take a slow sip from my glass of wine. I know that if David was here, he'd tease me about the two glasses I've somehow already managed to down. "Have you seen Todd?"

I let a giggle pass my lips. "You're still stuck on him?" I ask, bumping my hip against Corinna's. She gives me a look, pouting out her bottom lip. "It's okay, C, and no, I haven't seen him. You're welcome to hang out with me, though." 

Corinna smiles. "Gladly," She says, winding a thin arm around my waist. She's wearing a red dress and looking absolutely fantastic, the low-cut of her dress leaving little to the imagination. Her makeup is flawless, highlight shining under the bright lights. "Why aren't you with David?"

"He's filming," I answer, shaking my head. "Always working." Corinna nods her head, releasing a sigh as she sips from her flute of champagne. 

"You have to find him before midnight, at least. That's why I'm looking for Todd. I have to have someone to kiss, and that's the perfect way to show him that I want us to get back together." Corinna's voice sounds so hopeful, and I don't know if it is genuine or inspired by the champagne that she's rapidly drinking. 

I don't question her, however, instead simply nodding my head. "Well, I wish you all the luck, doll," I say, squeezing her arm gently. My eyes drift across the room as Corinna talks, lingering on David. I've found myself staring at him more than a few times tonight, simply because he looks so good and I can't help myself. 

He looks good tonight, and he knows it, because every time he catches my glance he flashes me a smile and sends a wink my way. Staying away from him is probably the best idea, because God knows that if I was near him when he looked this good I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of him. 

I smile over at Corinna, nodding my head to let her know that I'm listening, although I'm not doing all too good of a job at that. I let my hand wander up to my neck, my fingers toying with the chain of the necklace David had given me for Christmas. It's the first time I've really had the opportunity to wear it, and I can easily say that it's my favorite piece of jewelry for the simple reason that David gave it to me. 

By the time midnight rolls around, there's nothing I'd rather do but leave with David. He wanders over to me ten minutes before the ball drops, his arms winding around my waist as he greets me with a kiss. He tastes like champagne and mint and as he pulls away from the kiss, I can't help but pull him back in instantly for another. "Someone's needy," David teases, hand remaining on my hip as he turns his attention to Jack, who is speaking. 

"You look good," I tell him, my voice a quiet whisper. I don't want to interrupt Jack, who is telling a story about how bad David is with taxes. "Really good." I brush my shoulder against his, my teeth digging into my bottom lip. 

David gives me a look, bowing his head to press a kiss on the top of my head. "Wait 'til we get home, petal," He murmurs, nose nudging up against my neck. I sigh, frowning as I turn back to Jack. 

Every time David touches me, whether it be his fingers lightly ghosting over my elbow or his lips pressing a gentle kiss to my cheek, I can physically feel electricity pulsing through my veins, my skin practically igniting under his touch. I want to tell him to stop, to fuck off and leave me alone, but more than anything I want to drag him home. 

We share a kiss as the clock strikes twelve, my arms wrapped around his broad shoulders and fingers tangled in his hair, the taste of wine and champagne intermingling in our mouths. David looks tired but very much so alive under the bright lights as he watches Corinna and I dance, our hips swaying along to the beat of the loud song playing overhead. 

I'm very much so tipsy when David makes up a lame excuse about having a headache, Corinna giving me a knowing look as his hand finds my lower back, leading me out of the house and out to where he parked. 

"I was having fun," I whine as he pulls me towards the car, although I'm the exact opposite of displeased. I want nothing more than to be home, tangled up in the sheets with David. 

"I could see that," David says, squeezing my hip as he fumbles in his pocket for his keys. "You looked too good dancing, petal. Couldn't help myself." He presses a kiss to my temple, his fingers brushing over mine as I reach out to tug at the handle on the car door. 

I climb into the passenger seat, trying my best to push the thought of pulling David into the backseat and letting him have his way with me there. David loves his Tesla, and I doubt the mention of us doing anything to ruin it would go over well. 

The entire ride home is silent, although our hands remain clasped together the whole time. David helps me out of my dress when we get home, the bedroom door closed and locked as he sits back on the bed, his hands resting in his lap as he watches. 

I give him a sheepish smile, my cheeks red from the effects of the wine, hesitantly stepping out of my dress and tossing it into the clothes hamper. I take off my necklace, setting it on the vanity and move to take off my bra, my eyes meeting David's. His bottom lip is trapped between his teeth, his cheeks flushed and pupils blown. I can't help but smirk at the effect I have on him, taking a step forward and then another until I'm standing between his legs, his face clasped between my hands. "You're really, very hot," I say as I gaze down at him, bowing my head to press a kiss to his lips. 

David's hands find my ass, squeezing gently as he pulls me down into his lap, my legs straddling his. One of his hands wanders up to unclasp my bra, our mouths parting only for a second for me to shrug the bra from my body. Our clothes end up in a pile on the floor, our bodies hidden by the sheets as the mixture of heavy breathing and moans fill the room. 

We end the night by laying together under the sheets, our legs tangled together, my head resting on his bare chest, one of his hands resting on my hip while the other plays with my hair. As we lay together, I can see our future clearly, and I think, with a smile, that nothing could make me happier than David.

[a/n]

i didnt know how to end this chapter so i literally wrote the most annoying, cheesy, cliche closer paragraph but it's whatever :))) anywAY THERE'S 1K LIKES ON THIS STORY AND THAT BLOWS MY MIND?? thank u all so much i appreciate it beyond belief xx