24

LORELEI

When I wake up I'm tangled in the sheets, the bed cold beside me. I wish that I could be trapped in David's arms again, his lips pressed against my shoulder and our hands interlocked. I don't want anything in this moment except to be next to him, my heart yearning for his gentle touch and his soft gaze.

But he isn't here, and I know that he's likely down the hall trying to cook breakfast, because I can hear shuffling in the kitchen and smell the sizzling of bacon. I exhale a quiet yawn as I sit up, the blankets falling to reveal my naked body. I glance at my appearance in the mirror as I trace my fingers over the hickeys that scatter my body, a small smile on my lips as I bend over to grab one of David's crewnecks. I pull the sweater over my body, sliding a clean thong up my legs and adjusting the fabric so that it's somewhat comfortable, making my way out of the bedroom and down the hall. 

I can hear David talking quietly to Astley, knowing that the small dog is likely sat at the island, his paws on the counter as David shares little bits of whatever he's cooking to the animal. I grin at the thought, biting on my thumb as I lean against the doorway, watching.

My imagination was right, as the small dog sits on a stool, his paws on the edge of the counter, tail wagging slowly. He's nibbling on a slice of banana, the yellow fruit sticking in the fur around his nose. David stands at the counter, slicing strawberries with a sharp knife, humming quietly. 

I take a moment to admire his back muscles, watching as they contact with his every movement. My eyes travel down to the way his sweatpants hang low on his hips, my arms crossing lazily over my stomach. David glances over his shoulder, a smirk forming on his lips. "Gonna just stand there and watch me or come give me a kiss?" He asks, shooting a wink at me. 

My lips form a small grin as my feet carry me toward him, arms wrapping around his body from behind. I rest my cool hands against his warm abdomen, my lips pressing against his shoulder. I trail kisses up his neck and jaw, eventually connecting our mouths. "I love you," I whisper into his mouth, my nose nudging his. 

David smiles, pulling away to look at me. "I love you," He repeats, putting down the knife and turning around. His hands dip down to cup my ass, the tip of his nose pressed against mine. I grin as his fingers trace the lace of the underwear, a soft sigh leaving his lips. "Love these," He mutters, glancing down to admire the lingerie, his index finger hooking in the waistband. He snaps it back, the elastic hitting my skin causing me to let out a light yelp. 

The man chuckles, bumping his hip against mine softly. "Do you mind getting out the plates? Bacon is almost done." David smiles, kissing me once more as I nod. He returns to cooking while I put two plates on the counter, picking up Astley in my arms and cradling the small dog. 

I shower Astley with kisses as I wait, talking in a baby voice to the dog, my fingers scratching all his favorite spots. David finishes up breakfast and serves it on our plates while I let Astley into the backyard, afterwards sitting down beside David and eating. "I can't wait for Christmas," I say, as I take a bite of banana. 

David looks over at me with a smile, taking a sip from his glass of orange juice. "My parents are excited to see you again," He says, grinning as I slip my hand into his. I finish up my banana and bacon, washing up the dishes while David loads them into the dishwasher. "They love you."

I smile, drying off my hands on the cloth and making my way to the living room. I settle in on the couch, nestling up next to David when he sits down. He finishes up his last bit of editing and begins to upload his video, his fingers brushing over the top of my hand. "I love you," I say, leaning in to kiss his cheek. 

David turns his face so that my mouth meets his, smirking as his fingers tangle in the ends of my hair. "I love you," He replies, stringing an arm around my waist. "So much, baby." 

I crawl into his lap, letting out a content sigh. "I can't stop imagining our lives together," David murmurs after a moment, his arms wrapped around my waist, his chin resting on the top of my head. "Like in a few years. I keep seeing you standing in front of a perfect house for us with a huge belly," His hands slip under my shirt, warm as they rest on my stomach. His lips trail down to kiss my cheek softly. 

My lips form a soft smile. "I can't wait," I whisper, leaning back into him. 

"We have all the time in the world," David says, his fingers brushing against my skin gently. "I want to be with you forever."