79

LORELEI

I've already been awake for two hours when David finally begins to stir beside me, his arms slowly unraveling from around my waist to pull the covers up over his naked chest, his eyes remaining shut. I roll over onto my side to watch him, smile pulling across my lips as he groans quietly as he always does when he wakes up, his eyes squeezing shut and hands moving up to rub at his tired face. "Good morning, bub," I say, dipping my hands under the blankets to let my palms roam over his chest, fingers tracing his ribs.

David winces, one of his eyes slowly peeking half open, the other following. "Your hands are cold," He whispers, voice raspy from sleep, small smile pulled across his pink lips. "What time is it?" He asks, clearing his throat as he stretches out his legs under the blankets, yawn escaping him.

"Noon," I answer, leaning down to press my mouth against his. David mumbles something against my lips, nonetheless bringing one of his hands behind my head to tangle in my hair, the other finding my hip as he tries to guide my body on top of his. I reluctantly move from under the covers to climb over the mountain of blankets between us, straddling him. "Hi," I giggle, when we pull apart to catch our breath.

"Hi, pretty girl," He murmurs, half-lidded eyes meeting mine. I let my hands trail over his chest, committing every freckle and mole to memory. He's the prettiest thing I've ever seen and I wish I could convince him of that. "What's going on in that pretty head, hm?" He asks, fingers combing through my hair slowly.

I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly, leaning forward to kiss him again. David's body is firm under mine, his hand resting securely on my hip, eyes directed at mine. "Jus' thinking about you, handsome," I say, brushing my lips over his before pulling away again. "Love you."

David grins, poking my side gently. "Love you more," He murmurs, pinching my hip as he pushes his body up slightly, resting his back against the pillows as he pulls my body into his lap, burying his face in the crook between my neck and shoulder. His stubble tickles my skin, causing a soft groan to leave my lips. "Stop," I whine, flicking his thigh. "Tickles."

He chuckles quietly, the sound sending vibrations along the skin on my neck where his lips touch. "I don't want to get up," He whispers, wrapping his arms loosely around my waist, securing my body to his. "Wanna stay in bed with you all day."

I smile and shake my head, bringing a hand up to rake through David's hair. We still need to shower and get ready for the day, but the mention of staying in bed has me thinking that maybe cancelling our plans would be a good idea. "We're supposed to go to Zane's," I remind him, smiling as David lifts his head to look at me.

He exhales a quiet groan, kissing my collarbone. "Is it too late to cancel?" He mumbles, fingers slowly tickling up my thighs. I bite down on my bottom lip and shrug my shoulders again, bringing a hand up to run through my hair. "I jus' wanna stay home and love you."

I roll my eyes, a smile remaining on my lips as his mouth travels downwards, fingers tugging at the hem of my shirt. His eyes flicker up to meet mine, searching for approval. At the nod of my head, David tugs my shirt over my head in one swift movement, his lips instantly capturing mine in a kiss. David's always in a touchy-feely mood in the morning, insists that he just wants to be close to me, have his skin pressed up against mine.

I'm certainly not complaining, though, as his open-mouthed kisses continue downwards, roaming past my navel and pausing at the tattoo on my hip, paying extra attention there. "We should start getting ready," I say, as my fingers tangle in David's hair, raking through his messy waves. My voice holds little conviction, though, and when David's eyes flicker up to meet mine, I can feel my resolve fading. I'd give in to him anytime, easily.

A small smile tugs at the corners of David's lips as he comes up to press a gentle kiss to my cheek, nodding his head. "You're right, petal," He says, squeezing my hip. He cozies up beside me, however, pulling my body as close to his as possible, his chest pressed up against mine. I wonder if he can feel my heartbeat against his chest, because I can feel his. "I just want to lay with you for a minute."

And so we do just that, blanket covering our bodies. My head rests on his shoulder, fingers raking through his hair as his trace over my skin. There's definitely way more productive ways to spend the day, but there's nothing I'd rather be doing than this, espies i ally not when David is laying beside me, looking all too tempting with a teasing smirk on his lips as his fingers dance over my skin, leaving warmth in their wake.