98

LORELEI

"You're not going and falling asleep on me, are you?" David's voice is quiet and soft as he hums in my ear, his hands resting on my swollen stomach. His back is nestled against the cold, pale ceramic tile of the bathtub, my body nestled between his legs. His arms are snug around my waist, resting on my bump, his lips on my neck. I've been dozing off, my head leaned back resting comfortably against his chest as a bathbomb fizzles slowly at the drain of the bathtub, hot water lapping up my chest. 

"Mm," I mumble, my eyelids heavy as I force my eyes open. David chuckles softly, pressing a wet kiss to my bare shoulder. He brushes his hands over my stomach, rubbing softly as he moves upwards, cupping my tender breasts. "Hurts," I say, shifting away from his hands. I frown at the loss of contact, huffing out a sigh at my conflicted emotions.

David exhales, pressing another kiss to my shoulder, trailing his kisses up towards my neck, sucking softly on the sensitive skin there. "'M sorry, baby," He whispers, hands drifting back down to my stomach. "Y'want to get out?" 

I shake my head, reaching down to take his hands in mine. "No," I murmur, guiding his hands back up to my chest. I release his hands and tilt my chin up to look at him, a soft sigh leaving my lips. "I want you," I whisper, as I shift my body slightly to kiss underneath David's jaw, sucking lightly. 

He lets out a soft noise, his hands cupping my breasts. He presses a kiss to my neck, his nose nudging against the column of my throat. Insecurity bubbles in my stomach and I tilt my head to the side, a frown evident on my lips. "What's wrong, petal?" David asks, lifting his head and looking down at me, his hands moving to brush a strand of hair out of my eyes. 

I hike my shoulders and exhale, shaking my head. "I'm huge, Davey. Why do you even want to be with me?"

David shakes his head and sighs, leaning in to press another kiss to my neck. "You're not huge, Lorelei, you're pregnant. And even if you weren't, I wouldn't love you any less. You know this, petal." He presses a firm kiss to my mouth, effectively shutting me up. I let my body melt against his and nod my head, sighing as his hand wanders down past my stomach, his fingers going to work on me. 

We end up curled up together on the couch not even an hour later, my hair still damp as it falls over my shoulders and down my back. The vitamins I've been taking have been making my hair and nails grow abnormally fast, and although awhile ago I would've done anything for this growth, now it's just become a bother. "I love you," David whispers, as an advertisement comes on and we momentarily turn our attention away from the show that had been playing. "You know that, don't you?"

I nod my head and look up at him, corners of my mouth turning up in a smile. "Yeah, Davey," I say, my hand wandering under the blanket that covers us to take his hand in mine, squeezing lightly. "Of course I know." 

David smiles, seemingly relieved. "I love you, too," I say, leaning in to kiss his mouth softly. His lips slot with mine and I melt into him like I always do, his body warm and hard against mine. I feel a harsh kick to my stomach and suck in a deep breath, pulling away. I rush to take David's hands in mine, guiding them to my stomach. His eyes are wide as he gapes down at me.

"Our little peanut kicked?" He asks, his voice breaking as the baby inside me kicks again, David's hands moving over my stomach. "Oh my God," He says with a breathy laugh, his eyes meeting mine, watery and full of emotion. "That's our baby." 

I nod my head, a smile on my lips as a tear slips down my cheek. "Our baby," I agree, my hands remaining on top of his. I don't know how long we sit there together, just staring up into each other's eyes, just that it's long enough for the advertisements to end and for us to miss a good five minutes of our show. I've never felt more lost in my own body, although now that I feel David's hands against my swollen stomach, his eyes locked on where our baby is safely hidden, I can't feel anything but love, and endless joy. 

--

[a/n]

dude i have so little inspiration to write this but i already have the epilogue typed up and ready. 2 chapters left and then the epilogue u guys excited ??