52

LORELEI

"He's so fucking cute," David whispers as he cradles the baby in his arms, holding the sleeping infant close to his chest. My heart is warm and heavy in my chest, seemingly getting heavier every second as I stare down at my fiance, my fingernails digging into my palms. David glances over at me, a smile on his lips. "Fuck, am I not supposed to swear in front of the baby?"

Josh lets out a quiet laugh and shakes his head. "You look so happy, cub," He says, the nickname falling from his lips easily. A smile pulls across my lips as I glance over at Paige, who's standing right beside me, her hand resting on my hip. Besides looking tired, which can only be expected with a newborn, Paige and Josh look happier than ever before. 

"Our husbands are so in love," Paige says, smiling down at me as she shakes her head. "Well, husband and boyfriend." I look down at my hand, biting my bottom lip as my fingers toy with the ring on my ring finger. I look over at David who is looking at me, smile remaining on his lips. 

"Well," I say, hesitantly raising my hand. It takes a second for Paige to notice, her mouth falling open and eyes widening as she reaches over to take my hand in hers, examining the ring. 

"No," She whispers, her eyes meeting mine. "No, really?" 

Josh looks equally as surprised, his eyes darting between David and I. "This better not be a prank, Dobrik. Lorelei, if this is a prank, I can't believe how David has corrupted you!" I laugh quietly, unable to help my eyes from watering. 

"Not a prank," David says, his eyes locked on mine. "We haven't told anyone yet." 

Josh looks down at David and then back to me, his own eyes a little watery. "No," He says, taking my hands in his. "We're the first people you told?" I nod my head, laughing quietly as I try to blink away the tears in my eyes. "Congratulations!"

I bring my hands up to wipe away my tears, shaking my head. "Thank you," I laugh, smiling as Paige pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back gently. 

"Oh, you two are so young," She says, her dainty hands wiping at my tears. "I'm so happy for you."

"I'm happy too," I say when Paige releases me. I sit down on the couch next to David and look down at Max, the infant letting out a quiet coo as his eyes squeeze together, wrinkly hands reaching up to latch onto a wave of my hair. "You two made the prettiest baby," I say, looking over at Paige and Josh, the couple watching David and I with smiles on their mouths. 

"Mm, we did," Josh says, fondness evident on his voice. He wraps an arm around Paige's middle, pulling the woman closer to him. "I can't wait for my cub to have cubs of his own," Josh whispers to Paige. 

I smile and laugh quietly as I look over to David, his eyes meeting mine. "I love you so much," He murmurs, kissing my cheek softly. "So much."

"I love you, too," I whisper, my hand finding his as Max tugs at my hair, the little baby letting out quiet coos. We end up leaving Paige and Josh's place at a little past three in the afternoon, David and I winding up home an hour or so after that, having stopped for a quick lunch. 

"So are we telling everyone now?" David asks as we curl up on the couch together, his hands slipping under my thin, cotton tee to rest on my stomach. His skin is warm against mine and his chest smells like Max, the scent of baby never smelling more delightful than now. I nod my head and lean up to place a kiss on his neck. "What's that look for, petal?" He asks, squeezing my hips lightly. 

I shake my head, biting my bottom lip. "I just love you," I say, my hands tangling in his hair. "I love you even though sometimes you don't brush your teeth in the morning before you kiss me," My lips move up to meet his, slotting with his mouth perfectly. I want to stay here forever, tangled up in his love. 

"I love you more," David whispers as I move to rest my head on his chest. 

We're both quiet for a moment, just lying together, basking in the warm afternoon sun that drips in from between the curtains. "I want a baby," I whisper, breaking the silence. David sits up slightly, propping my body up against his. "Your baby."

"Yeah?" David asks, his eyes looking into mine. "You do?"

I nod my head. "Yeah," I murmur, looking down at the ring on my finger. "I do." The words fall easily from my lips and I think, with a small smile on my lips, how easy it will be to repeat the same words at our wedding. "I know it's not the time for a baby. You're busy," I say, smiling down at David. "But some day. Some day I really, really want to have your baby."

David smiles, capturing my lips with his. "Yeah?" He asks again, pressing a kiss to my neck. "Let's practice, then," His hands squeeze my hips gently, touch wandering up to unclasp my bra. I help him tug my shirt over my head, my bra subsequently falling from my shoulders as David's hands move up to toss the fabric aside. Large hands cup my breasts, my head rolling back as David pulls my body onto his lap, his lips latching onto my neck and then slowly making their way down. 

"I love you," He whispers, voice hushed as he fumbles with his belt. 

"I love you, too."

[a/n]

off topic but i FUCKING LOVE CALUM HOOD