47

LORELEI

The room is quiet, the only consistent noise filtering in and out being the sound of the playlist David had created for me ages ago, compiled of all of our favorite songs, the two of us sitting in the couch. He's stretched out, long limbs sprawled out on the couch as his head rests in my lap and phone remains in one hand. I'm sitting with my legs criss-crossed, a book in one hand and the other raking through David's dark hair. Each time I stop playing with his hair to flip a page, David lets out a noise of protest and the next time he does that, I can't help but stop to close my book. 

"Hey, Dave?" I hum as I gently rake my fingers through his hair, blunt nails scraping lightly over his scalp. "Can I paint your nails?"

David locks his phone with a simple press to the power button, tilting his head up to look at me, a smile on his lips. "What color were you thinking?" He asks, in answer to my question, his free hand moving up to capture mine, his fingers capturing mine. 

"Black," I hum as I brush a soft curl away from his forehead, unable to help the smile on my lips as I stare down at my boyfriend. "Maybe a red accent nail. Like your red Vans," I say, a fond smile playing on my lips. 

"Sounds good," David replies, looking down at my hand. "You want to match?" He asks, brushing the pads of his fingers over my black nails, a soft smile on his lips. "Is it really, very lame of us to match?"

"Definitely," I say, nodding my head. David pretends to pout. "But we never said we were cool," I giggle, pressing the tip of my index finger to the tip of David's nose, smiling as his lips turn up in a smile. 

"Fuck you, I'm totally cool," David retorts, unable to be serious for too long before he lets out a chuckle, blowing a kiss up at me as he shifts to sit up. "Let's be lame and match, then."

I nod at his choice, pressing a quick kiss to the back of his hand as I cross the room and walk into the bedroom to gather up my cosmetics bag, shifting through it until I locate two bottles of nail polish. "Maybe if we match I can be just as cool as you," I say, selecting the two bottles. 

"I don't know as if that's possible, petal," He replies as he watches me grab the polish from my bag and a bottle of nail polish remover, just in case. He keeps his eyes on me, a bright smile on his face as he watches me return back to my seat beside him. "You've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm really fuckin' cool."

"I believe you," I say, laughing quietly as I return to my earlier position, sitting cross-legged but facing him this time. "Give me your hand, bub."

"You think I'm cool?" David asks as he allows me to pull his hand into my lap. "I'm honored."

"You know I think you're cool," I say, my thoughts trailing off as I start on the first nail. "Have I ever told you how much I love seeing you in red?" I ask, never taking my eyes off the task at hand. 

David pauses for a moment, as if thinking, before he shakes his head. "I don't think so. Is that why you love my red Clickbait merch?" He asks, a teasing smile on his lips I roll my eyes. 

"Mhm," I hum as I finish the first coat on the right hand, stopping only to do the red accent nail on his ring finger. I set his hand on my knee to let the nails dry as I move to do his left hand. "Love that hoodie on you."

David hums out a noise, a familiar grin on his lips as he looks down at his hand, admiring the nails. "Are we done that fast?" He asks as I finish up his left hand. 

I raise a brow. "No, bub, we have to do another coat," I answer, leaning in to press a kiss to his lips, briefly. "I love you. You can remove the nail polish after we finish, if you want. I just wanted to spend time with you."

I seal the polish and set the bottle aside, turning my attention to David. "No," He says, looking down at his hands and then up at me. "I'm gonna keep it," He decides. A smile crosses over my lips and I lean in to press a quick kiss to his mouth. "I love you, Lorelei."

"I love you, too, David," I say, sitting back to look into his eyes. My heart feels really, very heavy in my chest, full of love and emotion as I stare at the love of my life. "So much. I'm really happy I have you, you know that?"

[a/n]

soo..i've been doing some pre-writing and i have quite a few chapters written already..sooo..if u don't mind?? i'll update like two more times today? :) ily beech