four

10:15pm.

From Shay:

“how many days left till we have school again?”

To Shay:

“thirteen days.”

From Shay:

“wow. it’s gone too fast.”

To Shay:

“ha, yeah. that’s life though. like our parents always used to say how we’re growing up too fast- it was just yesterday when we bashed into one another in playgroup and i made you cry.”

From Shay:

“i’m pretty sure it was the other way around bells…”

To Shay:

“nope! you cried, i laughed – instant besties.”

From Shay:

“our parents are right though, about us growing up so fast. some day we’ll be getting married having kids…”

To Shay:

“yeah but that won’t change our friendship.”

Seen 10:27pm.

To Shay:

“will it?”

Seen 10:30pm.

+++

12:05am.

From Shay:

“are you still up bells?”

-

“i’m sorry about blanking you earlier i just don’t want to think about the future right now. the present already scares me as it is.”

-

“i know i’ve been acting like a douche recently but it’s only cuz i’m scared. you know me better than anyone, what happens if i end up losing you? i can’t bare with that thought. it’s too much for me to even handle right now. it’s late, i have training for javelin in the morning. gnight.”

Seen 8:00am.

To Shay:

“hey wake up lazy bum.”

Seen 10:40am.

From Shay:

“good morning to you too beautiful.”

To Shay:

“lol. do you wanna do anything today?”

From Shay:

 “nah.”

To Shay:

“oh ok.”

From Shay:

“so you’re not gonna question why i don’t wanna do anything with you? isn’t that your usual nosey behavior?”

Seen 10:45am.

*

I think to be honest, I realised that I was trying to hard with Shay. Our friendship wasn't going to ever be the same as it was when we were kids. So, like him... I changed. I changed because I didn't want him to think I was so desperate for a friend or that I didn't have a life outside of talking to him. I didn't know his reasons for changing though.

Until.