twenty-four

[the next morning since that eventful night//well early hours of the morning]

6:19am.

From Ms Mathers:

"he's up! shay's awake! sweetie, he's finally awake! xx"

-

"I will let him know that you were here. He'll be happy to know you care about him :-) xx"

*

6:26am.

 From Ms Mathers:

"He doesn't want to see anyone unless they're you? Come over as soon as you can. xx"

-

"I'm sorry, I just realised the time! Luckily it's the weekend haha. xx"

Seen 10:57am. 

To Ms Mathers:

"im getting my mum to take me to the hospital, im also grounded for sneaking out whilst being previously grounded aha, it was worth it though."

-

"mum says we're 5 minutes away."

**

My heart was pounding against my chest rapidly with overwhelming excitement to see Shay throughout that whole car journey. As soon as we arrived outside the hospital building I yelled thank you and ran through the doors and up the flight of stairs straight to the ward I had been to for many nights and days for the past days. Ms Mathers was pacing outside, and Mr Mathers was also leaning against the door also with a frustrated and upset expression. Their heads lift up when they hear me running towards them. Ms Mathers breaks up into a smile in relief whilst Mr Mathers remain cold and hard; don't be jealous just because Shay wants to see me and not you, yeah?

"I'm so glad you're here! He's so angry to see us. You're the only one he wants." Ms Mathers embraces me tightly and sighs on my shoulder before leading me to the door as if I didn't know where he was in; idiot. I've been here more then you both have!

When opening the door my phone vibrated and I looked at it before looking at Shay.

11:14am.

 From Shay:

"seeing the amount of messages you sent me makes me smile."

-

"you look beautiful despite the fact i know about your lack of sleep and no eyeliner ;)"

To Shay:

"why thank you. can we talk in person now ?"

From Shay:

"no."

-

"that's not how we roll... :D"

-

"and besides i know you have free credit."

-

"don't look at me."

To Shay:

"and why cant i ?"

From Shay:

"Cuz i said so."

I looked up for a split second and he's smirking at me from his ward bed and I just can't help it but run up to him and wrap my arms about him. I know that he is weak at the moment, but I don't care.

From Shay:

"rebel."

Delivered.