forty-three

I miss him. I miss him more then words can say. He didn't pick up his phone when I arrived in University. He didn't answer his Skype or even FaceTime. It's been six days since I last talked to him. He had seen all my messages on Wattsapp, Texts, Facebook and Kik. I don't understand what was going on in his head, and why he was acting this way? What had I done wrong?

I don't want him to go to that dark place he was at previously.

"Hi, are you okay?" I looked up to see a dyed blue haired punk styled girl, who was my apparent roommate. We smiled at each other when my parents and brother dropped me off, but this was the first time we talked. I was on the floor, supposed to be doing sit-ups, but after 50 I just gave up. I was lying on the floor with my hands firmly on my face.

"Hey. Yeah, yeah I'm fine thank you. How are you? I'm Isabella by the way, but you can call me Bella." I scramble to my feet, extending my hand out with a friendly smile plastered on my face due to me desperately wanting to make friends.

"Are you sure, you honestly look less the fine? C'mon, you can't hide from me. I'm studying Psychology. I'm Zara." Zara tells me and I smile more then before to show her that I'm absolutely fine. It was only slight home sickness, but also Shay missness (if that's a word).

"I'm studying that too! It's nice to meet you Zara." I tell her honestly, but smoothly changing the subject in hope she wouldn't notice. But she did.

"Okay nice try. What's wrong i? And you, Is- I mean, Bella." Zara shakes my hand now and I have to admit her grip is pretty overwhelming. She must be so used to going to interviews and stuff. I'm literally out of my comfort zone. I want Shay to be beside me right now, with his strong arms around me, making me feel ever so safe.

"Just the boyfriend, I miss him. He's back home in Canada so." Zara nods her head as if she understands what I'm talking about.

"Ahh, yeah I miss my fiancé like crazy but he is always so busy at work, and our shared flat is always empty when I come home. I'm from England so. University is going to be great." I'm lost for words especially after she said 'i miss my fiancé."

sHE'S GOING TO GET MARRIED. bUT SHE'S 18.  Before I can think about marriage I need a good education, so that if something goes wrong I always have that to fall back on.

I didn't know what to say to her so I was so happy when my phone vibrated because my phone was in my pocket; even happier when it was a text from Shay.

6:30pm.

From Shay:

"Baby, I'm sorry I haven't been using my phone. I had to leave for University yesterday, and I've been so stressed out with all the packing."

lies, you 'saw all my messages.'

-

"How are you finding Edinburgh? I hope it's everything you ever wanted and more - then again, I hope you find it shit and consider coming back to Canada to be with me;)."

trust Shay to say that.

-

"To be honest, it's kinda shit here. Sure, all the classes seem decent especially the sports ones. But my room mate... is just annoying af. We have girl and boy sharing dorms here, so it would be amazing if you came;)."

To Shay:

"edingbrugh is absolutely brilliant and i love it so much and i never want to leave, sorry will have to decline my invite. oh no, who's your room-mate?:("

From Shay:

"Aww damn. I'll come visit you soon though, make sure I can pick some faults out so you can move with meeeee. It's so weird because we've always been in the same school since the age of three. I miss you so much."

To Shay:

"i miss you as well, shay. i'd love for you to meet my room mate, she's lovely. her name is zara, and she's ENGAGED. speaking of room mates, what's yours name?"

From Shay:

"whAT DID I READ THAT WRITE ENGAGED AT EIGHTEEN WAAAAT. WE SHOULD BE ENGAGED IT WILL MAKE THINGS SO EASIER."

To Shay:

"that best not be your proposal Shay Mathers. why are you avoiding my question?"

From Shay:

"Of course not baby, I'm much more romantic then that. You know it ;)"

To Shay:

"shay, who is your room mate"

Seen 6:28pm.

From Shay:

"Vanessa Valerie."

no fucking way.