thirty

As I was walking home I heard a name that make my ears instantly prickle in the direction of a gang of girls chattering. Shay's. I pretended to be looking for something in my bag whilst I eavesdropped further in the conversation. It was from the no other Vanessa, and she was banging on about him. But it wasn't nice things. See, once a bitch always a bitch. He thought she changed, but she won't ever.

"Ew you should've seen him! He's still as clingy and desperate as ever. I can't believe I've still got him wrapped around my little finger even after a year! I bet that tramp is out the picture so I can use him as well." the cow says.

"Yeah! Oh my, she was so clingy to him! It made me feel so sorry for her though someone like her, being with a hot guy like him. Nope would never work. You and Shay are both popular. It's perfection." one of Vanessa's equally slutty and skankish friends, Tiana spoke now. She's hated me since we were kids, only because our parents hate each other. Usually my parents are so loving and accepting, telling me that hate is such a strong word and should never be used to describe a feeling... however, it's okay when talking about Tiana's family.

"Yes, she wasn't there but Shay's background picture is of him and her though... so something must be going on there. I'm going to twist his mind further and wiggle myself in there. He'll be mines before you know it." I decided I heard enough, as has my phone recorder. See if Shay doesn't believe me that she's still a heartbreaker bitch, this proof would have all the evidence I need. I'm just hoping it wouldn't come to that and he'll believe me straight away.

I carried on out the school gates with questions filling my mind about why Vanessa was so horrible to Shay when all he wanted was love. He just wants to be loved by her. And throughout all of secondary school from the age of 11 to 16 she toyed with his emotions to the max. She's the reason he's like this way not trusting people, getting angry, guard up, always on edge... her fault. She tried so hard to destroy him. But I fixed him once again, like always.

Like his fairy godmother really.

Also I felt sorry for Vanessa's parents for raising such an evil person. They must not be impressed with her at all. Because they're such nice people and then they have an only child.

Who's a bitch. Bitch. BITCH.

"Isabella?" I spin around automatically to my name but then I wish I didn't. That high pitched voice could only belong to her, the one I hate... Or dislike a lot. (Sorry mum and dad)!!

"Didn't even notice you came to my college! How are you?" Oh dear Lord. Save me.

"Well I do. And I'm fine." and I didn't bother to ask her how she was because frankly I couldn't give a bigger shit about her.

"Oh lovely, what subjects did you pick? I picked, Fashion Design, Art, Graphics and Textiles." like I care really? urgh.

"Cool. Physical Education A Level 3, English Language, English Literature and Physiology." she nods her head and flashes me her pearly white teeth so perfectly straight ffs.

"That's such great choices! How's Shay doing anyway? I heard he's in the hospital." yep, just get straight to the point and stop pretending you care about me when I know you only are talking to me to find ways to destroy Shay even more, so fuck off.

"He's doing great." I reply shortly.

"Okay, well send him my love." No. Fuck no. Are you kidding me? ARE YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING WITH ME?!?!?!?!

"What love do you have for him, because the last time I checked you broke his heart multiple times and basically dESTROYED HIM!" I snapped at her, me not capable of keeping my rage in from her.

She looks startled before smiling at me so innocently, "I don't know what you're talking about, but sweetie. You don't know anything about our relationship so keep your nose out of it."

"Can't help it when he tells me everything now can I?"

Her smile drops, "you're still talking to him? How when he changed so much into a real cold hearted twat, how?"

"Maybe you should keep your nose out of things as well, then it would stop being so big."

And I walked away from her with a triumphant smile.

*

7:46pm.

 From Shay:

"hey you home yet??"

To Shay:

"ohmygod sorry i didn't text you, i've had so much to revise :( how are you doing ?"

From Shay:

"lol don't worry about it. everything's okay. i'm trying not to flip out so it won't effect me going home tomorrow:) Been a good boy, I promise!"

-

"I've just been thinking about things though... About Vanessa."

OH SHIT, Oh Shit, oh shit.

To Shay:

"what have you been thinking about then, enlighten me..."

Seen 7:58pm.

From Shay:

"well i've been texting her and she says she's sorry for all that she's done to me in the past but she's a changed person now and wants to love me in a way that she didn't previously do. i think she's being serious as well.."

To Shay:

"o"

From Shay:

"????"

Oh that evil witch has worked her magic to fucking quickly. Hats off to her though for effort.

To Shay:

"what are your views on the whole thing, do you think she's serious?"

Seen 8:09pm.

From Shay:

"yeah of course."

-

"don't be jealous, you're still my favourite girl. she's just so stunning and everything like i can't help but feel the same i did before. true love never dies."

And she's done it. She's won.

To Shay:

"thought you don't believe in love and like, would stay strong."

Seen 8:17pm.

From Shay:

"she's changed. i've changed."

-

"we can make it work:)"

I torn over saying to him that she's not changed and to show him the recording but I don't want to hurt him ever. What do I even choose? I'm so torn...

8:19pm.

 From Shay:

"i'm in love with her bella xx"

Fuck.