Kali's POV: Lets Go to the Beach Beach

My first day was good considering it was just the first day.  Nat and I have most classes together.  Milla and I have P.E. together and Ginna and I have music together.

    I was waiting behind the schools dumpster with Nat to pick the other girls up.  The temperature was ninety degrees, it was slightly windy, and it was perfect weather for going surfing.  I just really hope they like it.

The three girls reach the car and hop in.  "WOOOO you guys ready?"  I sit in the passenger seat of my dad's truck with Nat at the wheel.  We are "listening" to country.  G's fav!

All what I get are a bunch of 'no's.'

"Why surfing?  Like can we just sit at the beach and tan or even swim?"  Milla runs her hands on her flawless skin.

"Noooo we're gonna surf!"  I keep my eyes looking out of the windows.

Nat turns a corner and stays focused on driving.  "Yeah, Kali is a pretty good surfer.  She always goes surfing after school.  I normally just come and sit on the sand and judge her but today I'll try with you guys."  She turns another corner, and we arrive at a beach.

"You have your suits right?"  Nat asks, looking back through the mirror at the two in the back.

"Yep.  All set." G puts on an obviously fake smile and holds up a really pretty black cut out one piece.

Nat pulls into an empty parking space and I jump out before anyone can even unbuckle.  I reach the bed of the truck and pull out 2 of my boards.  "Can you rent boards here?"  I yell through the wind at Milla.

"Yeah I think.  Just head to the small building over there."  She points to a small shack.

    "Ok Nat, can you go get boards for them?"  I yell at her.

    "Ugh, fine."  She takes off toward the shack.  I turn around and run toward the sand with two boards under my arms.

When we get down to the beach, I immediately strip down my jeans and t-shirt, into a pink bikini.  I put on a black long-sleeve rash guard next (swim shirt).

"It's really warm out today.  And windy." G says while rubbing her arms.  She looks around at other people with their family's swimming in the shallow clear water.

    "Yeah, it's nice out. Good day for surfing." I put my blonde hair into a high ponytail. Everyone I came here with looks a little uncomfortable with the idea of being half naked in front of a bunch of people. I did competitions since I was 7 so I'm used to it.

    "I'm going to go change in that building over there, come on G." Milla takes off running.

    "Ugh... water... sun..." She walks slowly over to Milla to get changed.

    I giggle at them and check my board while I wait for them and my sister.

    "Kali! Help. Me." Nat was struggling to stay on her feet while carrying two surfboards.

    "Coming!" I run toward her and grab one. We head toward the spot on the beach with all our stuff at it.

    I stare out into the pretty blue water. "Aren't you going to wait for the others?" Nat started to strip down into a blue bikini.

    "Nah. I'm going to test the water out. I haven't surfed in like a week!" I grab my board and take off toward the water.

***

    I paddle out on my stomach to where the water is about 15 feet deep and wait for the next big wave.