Ginnas Pov: How it all started: Ginna Edition

It was my first day of school! I couldn't wait to start. Mom dropped me off at the front doors about five minutes ago, yelling 'good luck' as she drove away. Now I stood looking at this enormous building alone. I take a deep breath, take my first step into the building and fall to the ground.

    "Oh my god! Are you okay!" I hear from behind me. I groan in response and try to blink away the tears.

"I-I guess I'm okay," I whimper.

"Lets go to our class!"

    I nod and follow the boy through the school and outside a classroom. Inside there were kids just like me.

------

    It was recess. The teacher, Ms. Bernard said we get to play outside until she comes and gets us. I was playing with the kid from before, his name was Michael. He was nice. I really liked him.

    I was running away from him as we were playing tag when I ran into these older kids. They were dressed in all black with colorful hair. They looked so cool.

    "Yo, Kindergartner, watch where you goin'," one of them yelled. I nodded and smiled up at them my mouth wide open.

    "You are so cool looking!"

    The kid scoofs and turns to walk away with his friend. I watch as they walk away and make a decision. I'm going to be just like them

------

    That night when  I got home I threw out all of my colorful clothing and changed into the black. I then stole my moms black pencil and drew on my eyes till it looked like the girl from school.

    When I was satisfied I walked downstairs to see my mom on the phone.

    "Honey, your dad got shot on the job and died on scene." I tilted my head in confusion. Dad told me getting shot was bad but he always came home after getting shot.

    "Dad isn't coming home."

    I felt a tear and ran to the bathroom. When I got in there I saw the black pencil I had worked hard on running off my eyelids.

"Yeah, so that's how I became 'emo'." I explain. Rolling my eyes.

Nat nods her head and wipes a tear away before hugging me.

"You deserve better," Nat says.