Nat's POV: The Date part II

I really didn't expect this.  I think what I was most disappointed about was that Luke thought it would be okay to invite another girl to tag along to our date.

    "He's such a nice guy, isn't he?  This will be fun!"

    There was no way Luke would have done this.  "Yeah, it was nice of him.  But, the thing is, Violet, we're actually on a date right now."

    Violet opened her mouth, about to scoff, except Luke butted.  "But it's just the first one, so her tagging along would be fine!  Right?"

    Not only is it just the first buddy, it's the last too.  "Fine."

    I don't like Violet.  There, I said it.  She was rude to me and doesn't seem like a very kind person.  I just wish Luke could see it that way.

    Luke and Violet ended up talking and walking in front of me while I trailed behind, steam probably coming out of my ears.  This was our first date and he really thought this was okay?!

    "Ooh!  We should go on the ferris wheel!  Come on, Luke, my friends didn't go on it with me, so you should."

    Violet ended up grabbing Luke's arm and tugging him forward, but Luke stopped her.  I thought he was going to finally tell her that this was a bad idea, but no.  "Well..," he looked at me apologetically.  "Alright... if your friends left you."

    I didn't even bother to follow them, and they didn't even bother to see if I was right behind them.

    I left.

***

    "How was your date?!"

    Before I could even get to the basement, I heard the chatter of voices.  G and Milla were having a sleepover, I guess.  "Short."

    "Just like his dick," Milla says, doing a top coat on G's freshly painted black nails.  "But you didn't hear that from me."

    "Wait," Kali said, getting off the ground.  "What happened?  What went wrong?"

    "Well it started out really great, for about 2 hours, until Violet showed up and completely stole my date from me," I grumbled.  "And Luke thought it would be a good idea for her to tag along, not even asking me if I was ok with it."

    "What an asshole," G said, clearly feeling bad for me.  "Well hey, on the bright side, we don't have to talk to them ever again."

    "I don't know about that," Milla said, frowning.  "Ashton works at KFC with me."

    "Well, then I mean she'll never have to see Luke again."

    I sighed, falling onto the couch.  "But that's the problem.  I really like Luke.  But after tonight I think... maybe... it was a sign."  I was never superstitious, but maybe the universe was trying to speak to me tonight because I've been ignoring it.

    "You know what they say, ho's before bro's."

    "Kali, I think it's besties before testes," Milla pointed out.

    "Ooh, I like that one better."

    I groaned once more.  "What should I do?"

    They all went silent.  More than anything, I didn't want to end on bad terms with Luke, because in all honesty I think we could work things out.

    "I think you should just leave him," Kali finally said.  The others murmured in agreement.  "I've never dated anyone before, but I think the right thing to do is just dump him and let time go by.  Besides, we're only sixteen so you have plenty of time to explore your possibilities.

    "Who knows, maybe he'll change," Milla brought up.

    G scoffed.  "They never change."

    Well.  I really didn't know who to take advice from because they all said different things.  "Well, at least you all tried to make me feel better.  I think I'm gonna go and sleep now."

    I was too tired to deal with this anymore so I went upstairs to pass out.