💉 MA 3 : Chapter forty two - Behind the rain

Unedited.

Enjoy reading Minters!! !

****

"Hindi ko alam kung bakit nagkaganito sa tao pero dahil ito sa acid rain!" Bulalas ni Jullia at napatingin kami sa kanya.

"How it happened?" Gulat na sabi ni Yana at napakunot ng noo. "Di ba no direct harm effect ang acid rain sa tao? Kung meron man hindi ganun kabilis gaya ng ngyayari sa dalawa."

"Tama si Yana. As far as I know when the acid rain falls on metal objects, the objects can begin to change in undesirable ways." Min said.

"That's right. Imagine a shiny objects become dull and, if the process continues for many years, the metal objects can corrode and lose strength or crumble."

"And to be added Aira, acid rain also affects the surfaces of stone statues and stone or brick of building." Jullia added while waving her hand.

The way that acid rain reacts to metal and aluminium is another problem but the effect of it to a person? I don't think so. Come on Akesia think of what is the...

"Wait." Naramdaman ko naman na napatingin sila sa akin.

"Is there something you know, Kesh?" Yana asked and I kinda nod.

"Not sure?" Taas kilay namang tanong ni Min.

"Yeah. Since what happened in this island long ago before and after alam naman natin ang mga naging effect. Firstly, that failed experiment. Secondly, the radioactive gas floating in some of the places here that cause everything to be lifeless. I think that the second one is the reason."

"And what are we going to do with Phia and Sunshine?" Aira asked with worried tone and expression.

"We have to test them and think of something that can cure their allergy. I think napatakan sila sa mata or anything na open so it direct to their body." I said and nanlaki naman ang mga mata ni Aira.

"They played the droplets of rain water." Mahina nyang sabi at naiiyak na tumingin sa amin. "I'm sorry hindi ko sila nabantayan ng maiigi."

"No Aira, it's okay. Gagawa tayo ng paraan para mapagaling sila. Right, sister in law?"

"Jullia is right. Huwag mo na sisihin ang sarili mo." I said and I look at them. "Back to the same work."

Gaya ng ginagawa namin dati ay nagkanya kanya na naman kaming gawain. Ganito naman talaga kami and doon we saw how worried Aira is. Sa tingin namin hindi sya gaano makakagawa ng gawain kaya in-assign na lang namin sya kay Phia and kay Sunshine na nasa quarantine room.

Yes, may quarantine room dito aside sa mga room namin. For special purposes lang kasi iyon at di talaga namin ginagamit.

***

A knock came from our bus' door kaya naman iniwan ko muna ang ginagawa ko. I open the door with care iniiwasan na mapatakan ng tubig.

"Elder Joy?" Kunot noong tanong ko at tinanggal ko ang mask ko. "What are you doing here?" I added.

"I just wanted to see if your group is okay. We haven't contacted you since the flood and that awful rain started."

Wait.

"What's with that rain? Why it can harm the people? I mean, our two children here is having a hard time." I said and open the door. "Come in."

"That is also one of our problem before."