Twenty-Seven

GASPER

Andito kami ni Fidel sa office, si Alex nasa labas lang. After 3 days, back to work again. I never expect na ganun kahalaga at ka big time ng revelation. Kinakabahan tuloy akong umalis. Napunta sa New York yung business meeting, may bago akong business partner pero business ko sa sa hotel and restaurant. It's saturday, I'm flying this wednesday.

"Hanggang ngayon hindi mo parin sinasabi?" He interupt my deep thoughts. I nodded

"I don't want to go." I whisper.

"Three months lang yun pre."

"Two days is enough." Lumilipad yung utak ko. Bakit ba kasi humaba ng three months. Sabi one lang. What the fvck my dad wants?

"Isama ko kaya?" Tumingin ako sa kaniya, he frowned.

"Tignan natin kungpapayag yun. Iba yang babaeng yan." Well, I want to bring her with us because she's my secretary but dad suggested that I must bring Mae because she's well experienced.

I sigh "Right."

"Just tell it to her, I'm sure she will understand you." He lifted his feet and rest it on my table. I lean back to my chair.

"I hope so." I murmured.

Someone knocks on my door. "Come in." I shouted. I rose my brow

"Yes Ms. Manhone?"

She look so serious and ahm.. mad? I frown, I don't like the view right now. I'm not used to it.

"WenSons Airlines called, A book flight to New York was settled." She said it with blank emotion. My eyes widen, In my rare view I could see that Fidel is feelin' uncomfortable because of the tension.

He cleared his throat "Excuse lang muna." And he went out to my office. Alex locked the door and move forward. "New York?"

"Will you believe me if I say that..." before I finish my sentence he raise her hand.

"Hindi." I sighed

"Have a sit please." She rolled her eyes.

"Kahit hindi mo pa sabihin."

She's sitting across from me, arms folded below her molded round breast. I growled mentally, not a good thing to think about that.

"So wala kang balak sabihin saakin 'to?" She mockingly ask.

"Look, I really want to tell this to you. It's just that, i don't know. I mean, I really don't know how too." Her emotion shifts.

"What do you mean?" she muttured.

I sighed and I stood up, walking closer to her. Nasa likod niya ako. "I don't want to leave." I reach her shoulder and I lean fprward kissing her hair. "God knows that I'm not like this. I never been hating having a business trip abroad before I met you my Alexandra Manhone."

"Matagal ka ba doon?" Parang bata siya kung magtanong. Batang parang pinangakuan ng laruan perp hindi agad maibibigay. "two to three months, I guess." I shrug

"Sus, akala ko naman matagal." Sabi nito na parang wala lang ang tatlong buwan pero iba ang pinapakita ng mga mata niya.

Silence dominated the room. I was smelling her hair.

"I'm sorry for not telling this to you. I'm going to miss you and another reason added, I want your safety." Bumuntong hininga ako. Gumalaw siya at nabitawan ko yung hawak ko sa kaniya, tumayo siya at humarap saakin.

"Babalik lang ako sa cubicle ko." She whispered and silently walk out.

Napasandal ako sa lamesa ko and massage my nose bridge.

I heaved.

I called Cheska, she's in New York right now for her clothing business. After 3 rings she answer it. "Hello, Cheska Wendelson of Chelsé." "Hey old woman."

Naka-line na ako, natuto na ako.

I immediately put away my phone because I know she wil scream.

"Gasper!" I rolled my eyes 'here we go again.' I mouthed.

"Oh my gosh I miss you. Why are you calling me?" She ask.

"Just want to ask, how's your business going there?" She giggle.

"Good as evah~"

"Ahm are you busy?"

"Why?"

"Will you visit us-- I mean my girlfriend, also your sister that has a bestfriend named 'trouble'?" I was referring to Fara. There's a silence in the other line.

Dammit! I don't want my girlfriend to be down and lonely while I'm away. She chuckled.

"Even though we're talking through phone, I could feel your love for your girl."

Tss namula tuloy ako, ayaw kong nakakaramdam neto eh.

"Shut up." I hissed.

"Sure. Anyway of course I will."

"Yes!" She grinned "I'm going now." she said. "Thank you very much sure thank you again."

It's so hard--- I mean the situation. I checked the calendar.  1 week left?

"Argh!" I massaged the bridge of my nose.

Pwede bang isama ko siya? Ang tigas din kasi ng ulo ng babaeng yun eh.