|21| Back to Class

Today I actually decided to attend class since the brat was out somewhere today. I was back to being dressed in the white uniform.

I had become so used to not going to class and guarding the child that I had completely forgotten about my studies. I mean not that I cared about my grades or anything because everything I was being taught was about Vampires and their history.

So why would that concern me?

Well not until I heard that they had begun to implement Ghoul history, so others could learn about me.

I may as well see what they're being taught is accurate or not.

I heard everyone gathering around the main door, so I took that as my cue and made my way down. I walked down the steps, but no one noticed me.

It had now become a habit of mine to put on the spray that dulls my scent. I actually liked it because it gave me the ability to go anywhere without being noticed.

Well unless they saw me leaving.

I walked my way down the stairs and made my way through the crowd. No one had seemed to notice me until I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're go- Oh Kaji, I didn't notice you." A vampire said she was female, and I didn't know her name. 

"Look who decided to show up." She muttered.

I 'tch'ed at the comment and merely walked past her to stand at the front of the crowd. I knew I would be getting snarky comments from pretty much everyone here. But I'd rather hear them in the classroom than here.

I gathered that we were still waiting for Kaname to arrive. I tapped my foot against the floor as I looked into the distance. I spaced off for a little bit not thinking about anything in particular.

Soon I could hear the chatter die down and I immediately knew Kaname was here. I looked over at the grand staircase and saw him and Takuma descending it. Everyone began to make a pathway as Kaname made his way to the door.

As he came closer to me he finally noticed me. there was no doubt that he was slightly surprised to see me standing in my school uniform. Everyone was waiting to see what I would do.  I merely raised my eyebrow and stepped to the side when he was in front of me.

I could hear some people gasp at my action. Which I am not surprised at, the normal me would say a snarky comment or do something physical but I am not exactly my normal self at the minute.

Once Kaname walked past me I stood next to Takuma.

"Kaji, it's good to see you back in the uniform." Takuma said. I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, sorry for being MIA for a couple weeks, I have been busy with stuff." He gave me a smile.

The door opened, and we began walking out of the dorm and towards the school. As usual the screams of the girls – and some guys – could be heard from the entrance.

We stood behind the gates and waited for them to open. I could see Zero and Yuki trying to keep the students in check from behind the gates.

I weakly smile at their efforts. Soon the gates opened, and the screams got louder. We began to walk out, and the Night Class students began to wave to the day class students. I waved at someone who called out my name.

We were out of the day students view and were close to the main building. 

"Don't worry about it, I know that you have been busy. I just have missed the presence of my friend." Takuma suddenly piped up.