Part 5

"What do you mean, it's already taken care of?" you frowned at your landlord. He was a fat, balding man in his forties that you hated. As far as landlords go, he was useless.

"Your boyfriend came by this morning and paid it off. Said you were moving out too. Something about needing a new place." he shrugged. "Look, I gotta go, more tenants to shout at. Your paid until the end of the month so just post the key when your out, okay? See ya, kid." and with that he left.

You stared at the empty hallway in silence. Boyfriend? The last time you checked you were single and struggling to pay the last five weeks rent, let alone being able to pay advance rent. Who the fuck is this, boyfriend?

Chris sat behind his desk as he tapped away on his computer, his eyes stuck to the screen. As soon as he'd woke up he'd made it his mission to see you were out of that pit you called a home and into something you deserved. He didn't like the thought of you living where you were now. The moment he stepped out of his car and saw the street you lived on he knew he wouldn't like it, and he didn't. He definitely didn't feel comfortable leaving you there after dropping you off.

"Come!" Chris shouted after someone knocked at his door.

The door opened slowly before your head poked round the corner. "No receptionist?" you asked with a small, teasing smile.

Chris sat back in his chair smirking at you. "No, it seems no one is willing to sit behind that desk anymore." he sighed a little. "Doesn't matter... I'll make someone eventually." he smirked again making you roll your eyes at him. "So, what can I do for you?" Chris asked as he watched you wondered over to him.

"I came, to thank my lovely boyfriend, for paying my rent off." you smirked at him.

Chris' face began to fill with a blush. "About that-"

You shook your head grinning at him as you walked round the table and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, but you didn't have to do that." you smiled at him.

Chris cleared his throat, his blush deepening as he nodded looking up at you. "I did. My way of thanking you properly for last night." he smiled.

"I hardly did anything for you to be thankful for, did I? I wore an expensive dress, that you bought and probably embarrassed you." you waved your hand at him as you perched your butt on his desk.

Chris shook his head smiling. "Oh no, all you did was be kind, genuinely interested in what people had to say, made me and several others laugh and made me look good by impressing Robert." he raised his eyebrow at you. "As well as looking absolutely gorgeous." he teased you making you blush.

"I- well-" you bit your lip looking down. "Thank you." you smiled shyly. "Chris, can I ask you something?" you looked up to meet his gaze. He nodded sitting up in his chair some more. "What happens now?"

Chris shrugged sighing. "Well, what do you want to happen?" he asked.

You shrugged sighing. "I told Liz it was a one time thing but... I don't think I want that." you admitted. Last night was amazing, you'd never had that much fun before on a date and last night wasn't even a date.

Chris nodded slowly, tapping his desk a few times with his finger. "Okay... so what's holding you back then, sweetheart? All you have to do is what you did last night. I can take care of you." he smiled softly placing his hand on your knee giving it a gentle squeeze.

You nodded sighing. "I don't, want to just be taken care off though... I enjoy, working." you admitted. "I enjoy feeling needed."

Chris sighed sitting forwards. "I need you..." he chuckled nervously. "Why do you think I do this, get girls?" you shrugged. "I don't, do well in relationships. Never have." he shrugged.

"So... how many times have you, done, this?" you asked. Chris sat up taking a deep breath. "M'sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

Chris shook his head tapping your knee softly. "Y/N, I'll be frank, you're not the first girl Scarlett has sent me... in fact, your the fifth." he sighed a little looking down to his hands that were on the desk in front of him. "But, you're the only one I've allowed to be my Sugar baby." he looked up to you.

You raised your eyebrow slightly. "What about the others?"

"Well, I met up with them beforehand like we did but, I never made it through the first hour... God! They were mind numbing." he sighed dropping his head back with a groan. "All they ever talked about was themselves and their damn, cuticles..."

You began laughing at him. "Well, lucky for you I don't know what the hell, cuticles are so you're safe there."

Chris raised his head with a questioning eyebrow. "Seriously-" he held his hands out in front of him. "They're these little-" Chris sighed shaking his head telling you to shut up, making you laugh at him.

Chris smiled as he looked back to his computer screen. "How many rooms do you want?"

You held a bunch of flowers in your hands as you sat beside Chris in the back of his car. "You sure you don't want me to come up with you? I don't mind." Chris asked for the second time since you had told him your plans for the evening.

You smiled shaking your head. "I think I'll be okay, Chris. We've been friends for years." you smiled looking to him. "Thank you, though." you placed your hand on his with a soft smile.

Eventually the car pulled up outside the apartment block you wanted and after saying a quick goodbye to Chris with a kiss on the cheek you hopped out and headed up to Elizabeth's. You wanted to make up with her after what happened.

"Oh, it's you." Elizabeth sighed as she opened the door. "What are you doing here?" she asked with a frown.

"I've come to apologise for yesterday." you pouted holding the flowers up. "And, although it hasn't fucked up... yet-" you smirked a little at her. "I wanted to come... please be my friend again." you pouted once more. "Pweeeeeease!" you stomped your feet pulling a face at her, knowing she'd crack.

She huffed rolling her eyes. "OKAY!" she snatched the flowers from you before throwing her arms around you. "I'm sorry too, Y/N. I was a bitch to you."

You nodded. "Yes. Yes you- OW!" you burst out laughing as she hit you with the flowers. "Watch it... they were expensive." you laughed grabbing her into another hug. "Friends?" you asked smiling into her hair.

"Friends... dickbag." she grinned stepping back from you. "So, how's the Sugar daddy?"

"Oh... you know..." you shrugged with a small smile. "Paid all my rent... renting me a new place..." you shrugged again. "The usual."

"What? Hang on." she shut her door and ran into the kitchen. "Tell, me, EVERYTHING!" she grinned as she grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"I thought you didn't care?" you teased as you sat down.

She glared at you. "C'mon. We both know I want to know EVERYTHING!" she beamed sitting down next to you. "So, let me get this straight... He bought you the dress and everything?" you nodded smiling. "Then, he's paid all your rent that you owed?" you nodded again. "And now, he's got you a new place?"

"Yep." you grinned popping the 'p'.

"What you do? Suck his dick real good?"

The two of you stared at each other in silence for a moment before you burst out laughing like teenagers giggling over your first make out session with the head football player.

"No... not yet." you giggled.

"OH MY GOD, Y/N!"