c̷h̷a̷p̷t̷e̷r̷ 20- Stressed?

[The next day; 10:48 a.m.]

3rd Person POV

"3 days before their plan..." Mabel sighs as she sits on her bed, Raven and (Y/n) across from her. "I miss my brother." She stated, curling up into a ball on the soft mattress.

"We'll find him, Mabel. Don't worry." Raven smiles a little at the younger female's direction. "They're getting help from other dimensions. That's what we know for now." (Y/n) comments, floating off the bed. She sighs before looking at Raven.

"How can we defeat them? We never know if they recruited any of your counterparts." Raven utters, gesturing towards her cousin. The mentioned female just shrugged. "Are there any dimensions out there stronger than us? Like, I'm ten times stronger there or whatsoever." (Y/n) questions.

"(Y/n), this is the main dimension. We're demons. I asked my father about that thing, and he said when it comes to our kind, we're the most powerful out of all the 123,095 versions of... us." Raven explains.

"But when it comes to humans, for example, some other versions of Mabel are more mature, taller, or more powerful. When it comes to us, for example, he's the most powerful and a standout out of all his versions." Raven mentions, gesturing to the yellow demon who just entered the room.

"What are we talking about here?" Bill asks, instantly floating beside his girlfriend. "Nothing much important." (Y/n) replies.

"You still haven't told me about where you went off yesterday, doll." Bill hovers on top of the girl, pushing her chin up with his two fingers. "I thought you should've known that by now." (Y/n) raises a brow before pushing him off her gently. "I'm starting to believe you're not all-knowing like you always say you are, Cipher." The female chuckles, followed by Raven and Mabel.

"Saying I know 'lots of things' and saying I know 'everything' are two different things, Snowflake." Bill counters, holding (Y/n)'s hand and siding with her. "I know. I was just joking." The girl snickers at the male's expression.

"So are you going to tell me or not?"

"Raven and I just visited the castle." (Y/n) combs her hair back with her fingers before landing on her bed, Bill eyeing her as she did so. "Where were you yesterday, Bill?" This time, (Y/n) questioned him, the female sitting up from the cozy mattress.

"I checked the cave again and made sure no beings from the reverse dimension will visit us for the mean time." The male responds, his hands flaming with blue fire. "Mabel, how are you holding up? Any new discoveries?" I questioned the female teenager on her bed. Her expression lights up in a second as she beams.

"Gruncle Ford mentioned something about my body resisting foreign objects that enters my body!"

"I'm sorry, what?" My face scrunched up in confusion. Mabel just giggles before continuing. "Don't worry, I didn't understand it the first time, too... for example, a bullet was shot at me, and my body will automatically spit it out and heal on its own!" She exclaims.

"That's basically regeneration, Mabel." "I know, cool right?!" Raven chuckles because of how energized the younger girl was. "I wonder if Dipper has the same ability though." Mabel added, her face saddening. "We'll find out soon, Mabes." I went to her and gave her a simple pat on the back. She nods and sends me a smile.

"And what did you find in the nightmare realm, (Y/n)?" She questions. I hesitated to tell, paranoid of what might happen when I do.

"There's nothing much I newly found out... just learned the ancient calligraphy of the realm." I shrugged, releasing a nervous chuckle. "You mean those demon handwritings that no one gives a shit about since no one understands them?" Mabel gawks, her mouth open.

"I think so... yeah." I replied. I eyed Raven, who was giving me a confused stare. I just told her to stay silent telepathically, and she bobs her head as a response. Even though I can sense her curiosity going to a higher level.

"We have to act fast. We have three days left until the assumed attack." Bill stated, raising his hand up. A holographic image was now displayed in front of all of us, showing a young boy and girl, similar to one of Dipper and Mabel's image. Except, it wasn't them in the picture.

"Wait, don't tell me that's Gideon's and Pacifica's opposite." Mabel stands up from her bed, staring at the image. The male had white hair, a blue shirt under a red bomber jacket, and a cap similar to the one that Dipper kept with him until now. The female had bright blonde hair, braces, and was wearing a pink shirt under a violet varsity jacket and a white skirt.

"Woah, Gideon as in Gideon Gleeful? The guy that was obsessed with you back when you were 12?" I queried, Mabel humming as an answer. I connected the dots in my head, and my eyes enlarged at the new realization.

"So, if the twins became the Gleefuls in the reverse dimension, that means that these two are the Pines... and if Gideon was obsessed with you, then your counterpart is currently obsessed with him... or not anymore. But they're obviously the good guys in that dimension." I uttered out loud, hearing Mabel and Raven saying 'Oh!' in sync.

"You think they'll help us, Bill?" I turned to my boyfriend, who raised a thumbs up. Before he got to speak, Mabel cut him off.

"Are they fucking twins?!" She gasped.

'Holy shit are they?!'

"They're cousins." Raven answers. "How did you know?" "I read his mind." Raven forms a simper on her face as she points at Bill, who rolled his eyes. "You're not going to let me talk, huh?" He mumbles, undeniably annoyed. "Aw, don't be mad, babe." I walked towards where he was and poked his cheek. "When are we planning to talk to them?" Bill stays silent for as few seconds before answering.

"As soon as possible. They're just mortals, so they have to be prepared." He replied, setting his feet down on the wooden floor of the attic.

"Are you saying we should go some time later?" "Exactly, Shooting Star." Bill answers.

"As long as they'll help looking for Dipper, then okay." Mabel releases small grin. "This is so stressful..." I mumbled, sighing after. Fortunately, not one of the three heard it. "I'll ask permission to Gruncle Ford and Gruncle Stan. Raven, come with me!" Mabel beams before dragging Raven away from us and out of the attic, leaving me alone with my lover.

"So 'stressful', huh?" I heard Bill talk once the door to this attic shut close. I eyed him, already seeing the little worried expression on his visage. Turns out he heard me. "I suppose... Yeah." I replied, by shoulders fully relaxing. "Don't worry too much, Snowflake. We'll get this over with." He teleported right beside my figure, giving me a side hug. I smiled at the comforting gesture he was currently doing.

He's not like the Bill that tormented this town years ago. He's changed a lot.

And I'm glad to be the reason for that.

But I'm sure that deadly side of his is waiting to be triggered anytime, which is why he's the same dangerous man.

"We'll get this over with..." The familiar voice from my dream months ago decided to talk in my head.

"Starting from eliminating you for trying to take my man!"

The female voice continued, causing me to freeze in my current position, not bothering to hug my boyfriend back.

"Bill, kill her for me."