СӉѦթҬЄГ 22- A Broken Promise

[A/n: School is finally over. Fuck yes.

Sorry for not updating too much in this book... our exams just finished and I was experiencing what authors call a 'Writer's Block'. Thankfully, I had an idea just after our finals and here I am.

Oh, and enjoy this fluff chapter. This ain't no filler though. After this, all the real shit will go down.]

Song/s of the chapter:

'How Do You Love Someone' [ Ashley Tisdale ]

(Y/n)'s POV

"So, what did you want to talk about Bill?" I questioned once we landed on the rooftop of the shack. I looked at him as he sighs.

"Babe... you are aware that destinies can not be altered right?"

My heart dropped at that. I honestly didn't want to talk about that right now, but it seems like the topic can't be really avoided. "Yes, we can delay them, but it will eventually happen." Bill added, his voice serious and monotone.

"I don't know what to do. What should I do? If it really happens..."

I paused for a while as I gulped. I sat on the roof, folding my knees in front of me before I hugged them.

"Can we stop it? Can I stop it?"

I felt Bill sit beside me as well, his arm going around my shoulders.

"That's up to you, (Y/n)."

The fact that he used my real name right now made the situation more serious, and it scares me. I exhaled. "What if I can't? What will happen?"

As I said those words, vivid images of the dream I had flashed in my mind. How everything was crumbling down to ash, how everyone looked so manipulated, how my friends suffer from pain, how those people I consider my family harmed and on the brink of death...

And how my boyfriend left me for another woman.

"There are a lot of possibilities, Snowflake. I can't exactly pinpoint the events about to happen. I just have a tiny hunch."

My eyes darted towards him. "I'm assuming that hunch is not good at all."

He sighs again and nodded.

"But, as long as we have each other, we're going to be alright."

I smiled a little at what he said, but I remembered that stupid dream again.

"Bill, honey, don't talk to her."

"No honey, you don't know that bitch. She's just messing with your head again."

"I love you too, Bill."

"Bill, kill her for me."

"Yeah, as long as no one leaves the other." I blatantly let out. I felt Bill's gaze on me.

"I'm worried about you always reminding me the fact that I shouldn't leave you, Snowflake." He started. I averted my gaze from him and looked ahead. I felt his arm around me tighten as he pulled me closer. "I feel like you're not telling me something quite important." His tone was becoming strict all of a sudden.

"No, I'm sure I told you everything you need to know about that vision." I uttered. I tried to make it seem like I'm not lying. And if I did tell him what's bothering me, there's a chance that things will turn out much worse.

"(Y/n) Roth,"

His voice was much deeper and hoarse, causing shivers to run down my spine as I begin to grow nervous.

"look at me."

I gulped and resisted the urge to do what he said. He shifted on his seat and growled lowly. My eyes widened when I felt fingers hold my chin. He turns my head to face him. His aura now was different from before. He let out the vibe that he was powerful and dominant, which made me a little unnerved.

"Are you beginning to have doubts on our relationship?"

I was stunned. He caught me off guard with his serious question, and his face dangerously close to mine almost threw me off the edge. I don't know what to feel right now.

"You're giving me constant reminders and I don't think you're telling me everything I must know." Bill added his eyes boring through mine. If the situation wasn't this weighty, I would just get lost in them.

"W-what?" I say in a strained voice.

He leans in and gives me a soft kiss. I immediately kissed back as we both shut our eyes and enjoy our moment.

This is exactly what I want. To be with the man I love and be like this to him all day, as if there were no problems to deal with. I savoured our passionate kiss, also afraid of the chance that this might never happen again.

We parted for air, our foreheads resting on each other as he had his golden orbs staring at my (e/c) once. He holds my face delicately and gave me a peck on my lips.

"I won't push you to tell me everything, but please..." Bill tucks my hair behind my ear, "believe in my words. If I say I love you very much, then that's how it is. That will never change."

I got touched because of his sentence. I smiled as he caressed my cheek softly and leaned onto his touch. "So if I say I won't leave you, then I won't. Whether you like it or not."

Those words put me in ease. I exhaled as a sign of relief.

"I love you, (Y/n). Very much."

I stared into his eyes, his lips curling up as I gave him a peck on the lips. "I love you too, Bill. Very much." Bill envelops me with a tight but soothing hug. He runs his hands up and down my hair while I buried my face on his chest.

"We'll get through this together. No one in the entire existence can take me or my love for you away. That's a promise." He mentions. My heart was feeling light and bubbly because of his sudden soft attitude. It literally wants to jump out of my chest because of this man with me.

"Then I trust you to keep that promise." I responded with a hushed tone, but I'm sure he heard me.

'I don't want this to end...'

"You okay now?" He parts from the hug as he lovingly gazed at me. I nod with a grin.

"I'm going to have to go now, if that's okay with you."

My lips returned to their normal form as he talked. But I smiled again so Bill won't notice my sudden mood change.

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm okay." He sends me a heartwarming beam before standing up, pulling me with him. "Just don't be gone for too long." I added. He kissed my forehead before floating again. "Don't worry, Snowflake. I'll be here before you know it. I love you." He floats away, his eyes still on me.

'Keep smiling, (Y/n). Don't let him know.'

"I love you too, Bill!" I waved at the demon. He snapped his fingers and disappeared.

And that's when I fell to my knees. My smile was long gone. My heart was heavy. Fear clouded my mind as tears blurred my vision. My head started to hurt.

"Fuck, why did I let him go?!" I angrily scolded myself through gritted teeth. "I should've told him everything!"

I clutched my hair while I shook my head.

This is it. I never believed everything but here I am.

The events that just took place were all destined to happen.

I've got a glimpse of the latter events in my dream.

And this is the part where it all starts.

Where he starts to leave me.