Chapter 16: Reuniting with The nicer Ninja

CHAPTER 16:

    “You are strong.” I heard the sound ninja say. I turned to him and he held out an earth scroll.

Knitting my brows as I tensed, it turns out this guy was the one who attacked Naruto. Well, he always did seem to hate us. It’s just a given for him to try and kill my teammates in this test.

   “Sasuke, we can’t defeat you at this time…Here’s a gift to you…please let us leave.” he said and let the earth scroll roll to us. I took it from the ground and handed it to Sakura.

   He took his friend and put his arm over his shoulder.

 “This may seem convenient but we have something to find out now.” he said and turned his back to us. “But I will promise you this…if there is another situation where we will meet in this exam, we will neither run nor hide.”

  I looked at Sasuke, seeing he was exhausted as tired pants flew out of his mouth.

  “Wait!” Sakura yelled, making the ninja turn back to us.

 “Who is this Orochimaru and what did he do to Sasuke? Why him?!” Sakura yelled.

  I tensed and found my hands shaking with my heart beating like a drum. For a name I’ve heard for the first time…why am I acting like this? But other than that, what happened to Sasuke?

   “I don’t know.” He replied. “We were merely ordered to kill Sasuke.” My eyes grew wide.

 “What? Kill him?” I asked him, slightly narrowing my eyes and he shuddered. I scoffed at his reaction. Turns out he’s not that cool and scary. He grabbed a girl who was from the sound village too and disappeared.

     I blinked and turned back to Sasuke. What in the world happened here?

    “Hey! Are you guys alright?!” Shikimaru’s voice suddenly yelled. I turned and blinked to see Ino’s team were hiding in the bushes.  

“This sucks but Ino, take care of Lee!” Shikimaru yelled while jumping out into the light.

             I got up and walked to Shikimaru and choji who were looking down at Naruto who was smiling goofily and looking as if he were having a good dream. Probably one concerning ramen and Sakura. I rolled my eyes at him.

   “What should we do with him?” Choji asked. “Kick him awake?”

    “That sounds nice but let me handle it.” I said, charmingly smiling. A good small fireball would probably do the trick. On second thought, a meteorite might be best. Right on cue, Naruto suddenly sat up and screamed.

   “GYAAA!!!” he yelled and I punched his head.

   “Oww...” he groaned and looked at Sakura and Sasuke.

   He suddenly lay on his stomach looking around frantically like a little lizard.

   “Everyone hide! Get down now! Where did that guy go?!” he yelled and I sighed then walked back to Sakura and Sasuke. It will be useless to waste my time on this idiot.

    “The idiot’s awake.” I told Sakura and Sasuke with a bored look.

   “Oh! Sakura!” Naruto yelled and ran to us.

  “Sakura, your hair!” he shouted and I sat down next to Sakura, wondering of what she would tell Naruto.

“Oh, this? Just trying to change my image! An image change.” She smiled.

 I raised my brow at her, studying her expression. Hidden in there somewhere was the tiny bit of sadness. But she was still able to hide it all. I smiled back at her, impressed and happy with Sakura.