Chapter 19: Fast Kill King and Player Kitty is Back!

CHAPTER 19:

             My teammates stared at me and I gave them a wider smile. “Really, I’m fine…” I trailed off. I tried to avoid looking at Sasuke’s mark. Another break down might strike.

   “Um, now…let’s begin the preliminary. This preliminary will consist of one on one fighting. You will fight as if in a real life confrontation. The winners will advance to the third test.” Hayate sensei explained.

              “Well then…there are basically no rules. The fight continues until one of you dies, is knocked out or admits defeat. If you don’t want to cough…die, then quickly acknowledge your defeat. But when I decide the winner has clearly been established…since we don’t want to increase the amount of corpses, I’ll jump in and stop things.” He explained.

    “The scoreboard over there…” he said, pointing to an electrified board at the top left corner of the room.

   “It will show the match ups for each battle.” He said then looked at me.

    “Oh, Gakuren Akiyama will fight one individual and that individual will have to fight two fights-one with Gakuren and one with another individual.” He coughed.

    “Now, this might be too sudden, but let’s announce the first 2 fighters.” He said and the scoreboard turned on then names jumbled around then stopped at two names.

   I froze and just wanted to bang my head on the railing.

   “Gakuren Akiyama vs. Gaara” the board said.

   I glared at the board and sighed. I heard my teammates gasp and gramps looked worriedly at me.

   I gave him a small smile to assure him everything will be fine.

   “Gakuren…you’re up against that sand guy.” Sakura said while glancing at Gaara from the corner of her eye.

   “Yeah.” I simply replied, not looking at the sand ninja.

   “The two participants please stand up front.” The proctor said and I stayed in my spot and Gaara stood opposite of me while glaring with those dark eyes of his.

    “Now, we will be starting the first match…will everyone except the other participants move to the upper level?” the proctor asked pointing to an area where they can watch us.

    Kakashi sensei walked up to me and whispered something.

    “Gakuren, when you use your powers, use a hand sign. Got it?” he reminded.

    “Got it.” I replied. After sensei left along with the other jounin and gramps, I could feel all the stares boring into me. I took a deep breath…and focused.

    Like master taught-focus on your opponent, be in their shoes, know their movements and fight.

   “Now, please begin.” The proctor said and Gaara stayed put. So did I.

   “Well? What are you waiting for?” he asked.

I smiled crookedly and started walking in slow circles around him. I kept my eyes on him and taunted him with amused eyes. in the middle of all this, i started tracing words in the air, invisible to the eye, but very effective against anyone.

While I walked around him, a small grin rose on my face as I saw the confused expression growing in his eyes.

I kept tracing words into the air, specifically the words: “Confuse”