Chapter 22: My Demon Master Picks My Opponent

CHAPTER 22:

     After a while, Naruto, Kakashi and Guy sensei climbed back up the stairs and Gaara appeared on the other side of the watching area.

    I looked away from him and the proctor started the next match.

   The next match was Choji’s and that sound ninja’s turn.

   I struggled up and limped to the railings to watch the next match.

   “I hate that I’m such a heavy sleeper. I wasn’t able to watch the other matches. Oh, by the way, where’s Sasuke? Did he fight yet?” I asked sensei and they all tensed.

  “Oh, yeah. You missed it.” Sakura said. I pouted and put my elbows on the railings.

  The two ninja jumped down the now destroyed battlefield.

   “You can do it! Go fatty!” Ino yelled. I saw a vein appear on Choji’s forehead. Guess he hates being called fat.

   Choji made a hand sign then he suddenly expanded into a ball. Then, his head went inside his shirt along with his arms and legs. He started rolling to the ninja like a giant rock ball.

    “I’m not fat!! I’m plump!!” he yelled. My mouth twitched and I chuckled a bit.

    The sound ninja stayed in his place looking really creepy with that bandage mask on his face. He was crouching too so he looked like an escaped mummy.

     I suddenly remembered that guy works with sound. It’s incredible actually-To be able to disorient you foe with sound. Once Choji got closer, the ninja jumped back but choji kept chasing him around.

    Choji hit the wall hard and got stuck. The ninja jumped up the air and punched Choji…I don’t know where actually, but just punched him.

   He then jumped down the ground and punched Choji once more.

  “It’s no use. I have my ear plugs.” Choji said with a muffled snicker.

  “Nope. You’re done.” The ninja said and pulled up his sleeve, revealing that irritating holed arm of his. Suddenly, the air around choji rippled and I don’t know what happened but an explosion suddenly occurred.

    “Huh?” I mumbled with confusion. As the dust cleared, I saw Choji lying on his stomach, drooling and unconscious.

  I blinked and wondered what just happened.

  “Winner, Dosu Kinuta!” the proctor announced. So that was his name.

   The medical ninja approached Choji. “Hey, are you alright?!” one asked.

    I leaned in to hear his response. I was sure he’s fine. “I…want…meat…” he mumbled.

   Well, I have confirmed he was fine.

   The proctor coughed and raised his hand. “With this, the preliminary trials for the round three test have been completed!”

    The ones who passed went down to the lower floor and I stood next to Naruto along with 7 other ninja who passed. It seems that the three sand ninja passed, the sound ninja as well, Shikimaru, Shino and Neji were here too. But where’s Sasuke?

   “Well, although one is missing, congratulations to you!!” the proctor said. Anko and Ibiki stood beside him while gramps stood at the high platform.

   “Well then, lord Hokage, will you please?” the proctor asked motioning gramps to approach us and talk.

   “Yes, well now, I would like to start explaining the main test.” Gramps said with a smile. Alright. I’ve made it this far!