Chapter 17: Weird Snake Guy

CHAPTER 17:

   While I was jumping from tree to tree, I kept on thinking about that name……Orochimaru.

Why is it that, whenever I hear or even think of that name, I start feeling angry and…. A little frightened?

 Since my mind was flying around the place, my body was moving on its own and I ended up bumping into a tree.

   “Oww…” I mumbled under my breath. Before I could fall, my arms hugged the tree as a summoned gust of wind helped me down.

   My feet softly landed on the ground and a sigh escaped my lips. It’s already the 4th day and I still can’t get those images out my head-that Gaara kid’s bloodthirstiness, the marks on Sasuke, and that name…

    I quickly shook my head and decided it’s time to get serious.

   I looked up at the canopies and heard my stomach growl. I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday and it’s already late in the afternoon.

    Since I’m in a hurry, it might be best to just look for some fruits. It’s impossible not to find them in this huge place.

    I walked around the whole forest and managed to get four fresh apples and lots…no, loads of berries. I stashed them into my bag then took one apple, immediately biting through the smooth, red skin.

Ahh, I never thought that a forest with such bad stink would have such sweet apples.

            I approached a high tree and sprinted up the trunk until I reached the very top. I held on to the thick trunk and saw the tower, standing over the high trees. It was only a little farther now, so I chuckled while munching on the sweet apple.

   “Finally.” I sighed and jumped from tree to tree.

 It felt so great to have the wind play with my hair but the only bad thing about this was that the air was starting to smell like blood-foul and rusty.

             While I was absorbed at watching the clouds, I realized I was going in circles.

I stopped on one of the branches and realized someone was pulling a genjutsu on me. I sighed and finished my apple then jumped off the branch, landing softly on the ground.

   I stood there in the middle, waiting for whoever it is to attack. When they didn’t come out, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

   “Listen, I know you’re here but sorry to disappoint you, I don’t have a heaven or earth scroll.” I shouted.

After a second, a menacing laugh echoed through the trees.

   It was coming from my left so I glanced at the huge tree and up in the branches was a stranger. My eyes immediately studied him and saw he had long black hair and he wore the same thing as the grass ninja with the freakish tongue.

But, this time, his eyes were different. They were black slits and purple tear lines were on the corner of his eyes. He had pale skin and a malicious aura was coming off from him.

   “Who are you?.......You’re not taking these exams are you?” I asked loudly, fully turning to him. He chuckled evilly and jumped down in front of me.

“Hmmm…you must be Sarutobi sensei’s grandson.” he said with a snaky tone. I knit my brows. How does he know that? And…Sarutobi sensei??

How does gramps know this weirdo??