Chapter 30: I Hate Emotional Stress

CHAPTER 30:

     From behind me, blood flew everywhere. I quickly turned and almost fell to my knees when I saw a sword through Moon’s side. He coughed out blood and I saw the fake Moon was still alive and his right hand had turned into a sword.

     The real Moon raised his hand and cut the steel sword and backed away, wobbly. He managed to stay on his feet and pulled the sword out then fell on his side.

    “Brother!” I yelled and ran to him. It felt weird calling him like that since I haven’t been calling him brother and have been calling him mean names instead.

    “If…I still…manage to kill…one of you…Lord Orochimaru…will still be proud of me…” he said and coughed out blood.

    “Shut your mouth.” I said and jumped up the air then summoned my katana. Before I could stab him and end his petty life, I was encased in a ball of water. The water rippled and glowed.

    “What the?” I mumbled and turned to see Moon was the one who summoned the water ball.

    “What are you doing? We have to kill him!” I yelled at him but my voice was distorted like I was underwater.

    He lifted his finger and motioned the ball to come to him and I floated towards him.

   “No.” he simply said, making me cock my head back in disbelief. If he wanted me to list reasons why he should be killed, heck, I’ll give him an entire file!

Moon stared at me.  “if you kill him, you’re no better than him. And, have you forgotten what father had taught us?” he asked and I raised my brow.

    He smiled with amusement and looked at me with those gentle eyes.

   “Never kill anyone even though they have done you wrong.” He said and I froze. I remember that a little but only bits of it.

   I turned to the fake Moon and felt his power grow incredibly weak…like a human’s.

   “A human?” I asked Moon and he nodded.

   “A weak one at that.” The fake moon said and I stared at him with pity. I know it’s mean to, but I couldn’t help it.

     “Lord Orochimaru gave me a purpose and when your brother came, Lord Orochimaru extracted some of his powers and gave it to me. But my life will only last for a few minutes now. I was a weak child back then but my Lord saw that I can be of use to him. So, I helped him.” he explained.

   “Why do you look like my brother?” I asked and he chuckled weakly.

   “It’s nothing but coincidence that I look like him.” he said with a low voice.

   “He doesn’t look much like me really.” Moon said from behind me and I heard him wince.

   “Will you be quiet?! You still have that wound and talking won’t help!” I scolded making him chuckle.

   “I’m…envious of you…” the fake moon said making me stare at him with surprise.

   “You have such a great brother and family and friends. You’re lucky. While we…had your brother…he won’t tell us a thing about you…” he said weakly. I felt his life force grow weak and the ball of water melted, gently putting me in a puddle of water.

   “What’s your real name?” I asked.

    “I didn’t…remember my real name…Lord Orochimaru called me…Kioko. Ironic right…? A name that means-‘child of happiness.’” He said with a hint of amusement in his voice.