chapter eight

explicit in some areas.

six years ago..

before i could go anywhere, odell stands before me and reaches down to seize hold of tristans' neck before lifting him up with one hand.

tristan squeals like the little bitch he is as odell flings him onto the wall of the house.

"what is your fucking problem, man?"

"you. what in the fuck did he do to you, ira? did he hurt you?"

"i–" i glance down at my wrists, already seeing the bruises that were starting to form. "i don't think so, i'm okay. i kept on telling him no."

apparently that's all odell needed to hear, because in the next second tristan is released from odells' grasp. and not long before his feet hit the ground, odells' fist connects with his face which sends him flying back into the house.

"oh my god. odell, stop!" i screech, running forward and grabbing ahold of his arm, tryna stop him before he swings again.

"he doesn't deserve for me to stop." once again, he extends his arm for him but i throw myself into his arms instead.

"dell." i reach up and cup his face. "stop, please. you could get into so much trouble, don't mess up your future. just please stop."

his breathing is ragged and harsh against me and his chest was heaving from his actions. his eyes still look infuriated when he finally makes eye contact with me. "i–"

"it's okay. i'm okay. he didn't hurt me, it didn't get to that point."

i'm not only trying to soothe him, but also myself. the possibilities of what could've just happened terrify me.

"you're okay." he finally repeats, taking another breath. "this fucker–"

"got what he deserved. now let's get out of here."

odell relinquished from me, sinking down to his knees. "i'm gonna walk away now. but if you ever, and i mean fucking ever look at ira again? you and i are gonna have problems. and if you try this shit with another female? i'll be coming back for you."

six years ago

six years ago..

my blood is boiling hot on the drive home. i can't grip the wheel to omaris' car any tighter than i am right now.

i got wind of how intoxicated ira was at the party, which is the entire reason why i showed up there in the first place. and i can promise you the second i heard those words, i had hightailed it to that party. thank fucking god i did. otherwise what could of happened with ira would of turned out to be a lot worse.