chapter thirty

i can't help but to be in total awe of odell, as the crowd around me roars for him. he's mine.

well, not officially of course. no way would i let him put a name to us yet. but the man standing in his position on the turf, in all his ridiculous hotness? he loves me. and as he turns up towards the stands, and presses a kiss to his lips before pointing up at me? i feel a little lovesick.

"one of these days," chanel nudges my shoulder. "i wanna hear about how you two met. maybe after your man has done playing." she smirks, before turning her attention back to the game.

"he's not really my man." i tell her, glancing down at adonis who is jumping up and down and cheering odell's name in front of me, wearing a tiny little jersey with the name beckham jr plastered across his back along with his number.

"no? i swear he told me you guys are together."

"it's a long story." i shake my head.

"how long exactly? i pretty much have nothing planned for the next month." she winks at me, her hand rubbing across her large stomach. "sterling is pretty protective right now. so, i don't get out much."

"it's kind of sweet how doting he is of you." i tell her with a smile. even though if i'm being fully honest, i'm sure odell would be the same way if i was–i shake my head, clearing my thoughts.

"it is, but it gets old fast. he means well he's just kind of a alpha. i guess they all are." she shrugs before motioning towards where the guys are sat down at their bench.

"this way." chanel tugs me towards an exit, shortly before a microphone is shoved into my face.

"ira-reice, right? i see you're wearing odells' jersey. are you and he together? is this odell's love child? can i get a comment?"

"no comment." chanel snarls up at them before pulling me along. "ignore them and just keep saying that." she shouts into my ear. i cling onto adonis, tucking his face into my neck.

"ira-reice, i just want a moment of your time." the reporter shouts, following after us. "can we put this on the record? you and odell beckham jr are together? does this mean he's officially off the market?"

"no comment." i continue as adonis glances up at him.

"you mean my daddy?"

after that, we're completely swarmed by reporters.

"this kid just called beckham daddy! you were right, sophia. it's his child."

"she musta trapped him, follow her!"

"trapped him?" i glance up at chanel who just shakes her head.

"c'mon."

we try to push our way through the crowd, but it's no use. suddenly we're completely cornered. cameras flash all around us, whilst endless microphones continue to point in my direction.

"tell me, ira-reice! how does it feel to be with odell? did you get pregnant on purpose? is he your ticket to the good life? how does it feel?"

another microphone pushes in front of that one, and i look around in panic. "i, ah–"

"was that your plan? a rags to riches story? housekeeper to hollywood socialite? what have you got to keep a man like odell around? he loves the women!"