« XXI : What You(r Heart) Desire(s) »

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Vampire Knight (even if I want to XD) I only own the new OCs and story.

A/N: I thank everyone who takes their time to stop by and read my fanfiction. This is based on the original Vampire Knight with some changes and just think of it as an AU. :D Well, enjoy~!

____________________________________________________________

Along the whole class, Scarlet was not really listening to the teacher as she was busy talking with her own mind, even until the end of the class. She was forced to stop only when Kaname walked up to her before the other vampires could get close to her. She almost forgot that he also could chase all those vampires away from her, and inwardly, she thanked him. "Good evening, Kaname-senpai." She greeted, as she just realized she had not done it when she got into the class because she was to busy with the voice in her own mind.

"Good evening, Scarlet." He greeted back. "You guys can go on ahead to the dorm." He said to the vampires who usually followed after him, including Hanabusa, who was watching the two of them, and Ruka who was also watching them, especially Kaname. "Understood, Kaname-sama." They replied bowing slightly and respectfully. Scarlet watched as they left and saw Hanabusa was stealing another glance at them, so she nodded her head slightly to acknowledge him, only to make him turned his head away immediately and left them alone, and she might have seen him blushing if her eyes were still working that well in the dark.

"So, what's wrong, Kaname-senpai?" Scarlet asked turning to look at him as soon as they were left alone. Kaname then turned to look at her when he heard her spoke too. "I was just wondering whether you're alright?" He asked as he walked to her. "I am fine, thank you." Scarlet simply replied. "Aren't you supposed to be meeting with Yuki now?" She then asked tilting her head slightly. "I will be after this." He simply answered as he still got closer to her.

"Umm... Kaname-senpai...?" She called out confusedly as she for some reason just had to back away every time he moved closer to her until she could no longer step back for she had hit the wall. "Why are you backing away from me, Scarlet?" She heard him spoke in a low voice. "Eh... Uh... Just an instinct?" She replied not looking at him. "Are you afraid of me?" He asked as he was finally in front of him. "N-no, no... That's not it." She answered in a low voice, still not looking up at him as Kaname just moved even closer to her, pinning her to the wall.

She then remembered her inner voice asked, "Are you afraid of them?" Scarlet clenched her fist as she tried to hold into her fear as she closed her eyes. "That's not it... I'm not scared..." She muttered out weakly. "B-but please get away from me, Kaname-senpai." She managed to say. "Really?" Kaname spoke out simply. "Do You want to become Strong?" Scarlet then heard his voice mixing with the inner voice inside her mind as the voice asked that at the end of their conversation.

Scarlet had yet to reply to it, as the class had suddenly ended without her even noticing it. But, when she heard it again, somehow her heart began thumping again. Her head ached as she was about to remember something. "Your heart is beating fast." Kaname spoke out. "What's wrong, Scarlet?" He asked as he touched her chest. "I-I'm fine. Please get away, Kaname-senpai. It's like you're harassing me." She then said blushing slightly as she tried to breathe normally, even though she was having a hard time too, for some reason. One was because her pain had begun raising again, and the other, was because of the state she was in. "That's rude, Scarlet. I'm only worried about you." He said as his eyes moved to her open neck as she turned to look away from him.

"Are you still afraid of us, vampires?" He then asked again. "Like I said... I'm not." She said as she began painting slowly, clenching her fist even tighter as her heart throbbed even more. "This is bad... I'm getting dizzy..." She spoke in her mind. "Really now...?" He said in a low voice. "Were you bitten by Aido again?" He then asked directly. Scarlet flinched slightly. "How did you know?" She asked as she finally turning her head to look at him, but she did not expect that he was that close, so she kind of regretted turning to look at him as her face flushed slightly.