« XXII : Guardian »

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Vampire Knight (even if I want to XD) I only own the new OCs and story.

A/N: I thank everyone who takes their time to stop by and read my fanfiction. This is based on the original Vampire Knight with some changes and just think of it as an AU. :D Well, enjoy~!

____________________________________________________________

The class had gone by as usual, however, something unusual had happened as Yuki had suddenly collapsed in class. Zero and Scarlet had quickly brought her to the infirmary, while Hanabusa was standing outside of the infirmary as a guard. "You should take some rest. You seem so restless these past days." Scarlet said as she stood beside the bed at the infirmary. "Hmm..." Yuki nodded as she gave a weak smile. "I'll stay here, so, Zero you can return first." Scarlet then said turning to Zero. "Alright. You should take some rest too while you're at it." He said before walking to the door.

Scarlet then walked to the other bed and laid down on it after pulling up the curtain. "Might as well take his advice. But I still need to look after Yuki..." She mumbled to herself as she just closed her eyes for a while, then, she suddenly heard Hanabusa was talking to someone outside the infirmary. "Wait, there's a girl sleeping inside." She heard him spoke. "I'm just going to look for medicine. Do I need permission for that too?" The other one replied. "Fine." She heard Hanabusa spoke again after a moment delay.

Then, the door to the infirmary was opened. Scarlet stayed on her bed as she took a peek on who the person was. "Ichiru?" She asked in her mind as she just watched him walking closer to Yuki's bed. He just stood there for a while before he took out a small bottle from his pocket. "What's that?" She asked in her mind again as she could not really see from behind him. She saw him moving closer to Yuki but then stopped abruptly.

As she found him acting suspicious, she pushed the curtain away, surprising him. "What're you doing here?" She asked, acting as she just woke up from her rest. "You are... I did not know that you were also resting here." He said as he hid the bottle into his pocket again. "Hmm, yeah." She simply replied as she saw what he had done. "I was only looking for medicine. Now that I have found it, I will take my leave now." He said to her. "Okay." She simply said as she watched him leave the room.

Outside of the room, Hanabusa had been eyeing him as Ichiru got out of the infirmary. "Wait. Hand me the thing in your pocket." Ichiru then stopped and did as he told. "This is..." Hanabusa spoke as he looked at what was inside the bottle. "I will be handing this to Kaname-sama, do you understand?" He then said with a serious tone, but Ichiru just simply shrugged it off before he walked away. "Just do as you wish." He simply answered before disappearing at the corner.

Back to the infirmary, Scarlet had been checking on to Yuki, trying to see if Ichiru had done something to her. "What... So he did not do anything to her." She sighed in relief as she fell to the bed she was resting on before. "Maybe it was because of back then..." She mumbled as she remembered an incident that had happened long ago, when Hiou Shizuka appeared at the academy and was killed.

-A little Flashback-

"Ichiru... You..." Zero muttered between his panting as he found Ichiru was drinking Hiou Shizuka's last blood before she disappeared for good.

"Yes. I'm still a human!" Ichiru replied as his tears ran down his cheeks. "Even until the last time... She won't change me." He added in a sad tone.

"Maybe... That is because she doesn't want you to change. She wants you to be as who you are." Zero then said still panting from losing much blood.