« XXVII : The Game of Chess Began »

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Vampire Knight (even if I want to XD) I only own the new OCs and story.

A/N: I thank everyone who takes their time to stop by and read my fanfiction. This is based on the original Vampire Knight with some changes and just think of it as an AU. :D Well, enjoy~!

____________________________________________________________

After calming herself down, Luna Scarlet joined in with the others after the other three had been preparing themselves as well, while Kaname had gone on his own way, where he did not really tell the others too. They did not question him, though, for they had known him long enough to know what kind of vampire he was. He was actually pretty similar to Scarlet when she thought about it, for he was a loner like she was, and they both prefer to work alone. The difference, though, she was still able to work with people she trusted enough, while he, would still prefer to work alone even though he had people who followed him, or perhaps he only saw them as his pawns, underlings, followers, or he did not really trust anyone fully. Or perhaps, he was like her, working alone because he wanted to keep them away from dangers. However, so far, he seemed to be seeing them as mere pawns, even herself, or so what she thought of herself from what had been through.

Thinking about that, Scarlet wondered if Kaname was the king, and Yuki was the Queen, then how would he set on the others as his pawns? Were any of them acted as their Knights? Then she thought then perhaps Zero was to fill that role perfectly as he had planned on since long ago. Then, what about the others? The bishops, the rooks... Would those roles be filled? Or were they only mere pawns? She then pondered on what role she was in herself. However, she couldn't continue her train of thoughts as they had encountered a group of level E vampires and the other vampires who were working under Rido.

They were mere low-level vampires, though, that they had not even a single chance to touch them. They had easily fought and beat some of them, but then suddenly heard a yelp from a girl. When they turned to look at the owner of the voice, they were surprised to see Sayori, Yuki's and Scarlet's friend, was about to be attacked by a level E vampire when it was stopped with Hanabusa's power of ice. "Yori-chan." Yuki called up as she was running up to her, followed by Scarlet who was followed by Maya. "What're you doing here?" It was Scarlet who asked. But before she could get her answer, another vampire came up to attack them when Yuki tried to take her Artemis Rod out but it hurt her for it was an anti-vampire weapon and she was now a vampire herself. The others turned to look at her, surprised, including Scarlet, but she quickly turned back to the vampire who had arrived right in front of her but Scarlet quickly acted and killed it, turning in into dust with a mere glare, also surprising them. As they were about to be attacked again, the other night students, aka Kaname's followers had come to help them. "Everyone," Yuki called seeing them as they attacked the other vampires. "You okay?" Scarlet asked simply turning back to look at Yuki. "Yeah..." She got a simple weak reply too. "The Artemis Rod..." She began but then saw it was picked up by Yori.

"I do not know what had happened," She began as she helped Yuki putting her weapon back to its place on Yuki's thigh. Hanabusa's immediately turned to look away blushing. Scarlet saw it but ignored it, at least for now. "However, you're still my friend, so please, take care." Yori finished smiling to Yuki who returned her smile. "Yeah, you've to take care too." Yuki said giving a smile back to her. Yori nodded. "I will. So, you've to too, Scarlet." She then turned to look at Scarlet who seemed quite surprised. She sure was surprised to be told that from Yori too. Even though they were friends, she was not as close to her as Yuki. "Yeah. I'll also take care of Yuki. Don't worry." She said then nodding in acknowledgment to her. Yori just sighed but smiled at her anyway. "Could you take Yori back to the other day class students, Seiren-san?" Yuki asked turning to look at one of Kaname's most loyal followers. "Of course, Yuki-sama. And you don't have to be so formal to me, Yuki-sama, for you're a Pureblood, and you should not lower down to someone lower than you." She said politely before bowing down to take Yori back to the other students who were already evacuating under the words of the headmaster.