« XXVI : Awaken from Dreams »

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Vampire Knight (even if I want to XD) I only own the new OCs and story.

A/N: I thank everyone who takes their time to stop by and read my fanfiction. This is based on the original Vampire Knight with some changes and just think of it as an AU. :D Well, enjoy~!

____________________________________________________________

"That vampire?" Yuki asked. "She was talking about me, dear~" suddenly a voice came out of nowhere and the residents in Scarlet's room all looked around only to find the said vampire who had stabbed Scarlet standing in front of them by the window. "My~ you really look like my Juri~" He said as he moved closer to Yuki. "Who're you?!" She asked as Hanabusa stood in front of her to protect her. "I'm sad you don't even remember your own uncle." He said shaking his head. "Uncle....? Then you're..." He then grinned. "Correct, I'm the one and only, Kuran Rido." He introduced himself to everyone present there.

"Well, I guess the other fruit had not yet blossomed yet?" Rido asked then turning to look up at Scarlet who was still struggling with her huge, bleeding wound he had caused. "But, well, I've another food while waiting for it~" He then turned to look at Yuki who had backed away and Hanabusa had been shielding her from Rido. "Don't..." Suddenly a small voice came and Rido felt like someone had grabbed his hand. "Don't..." The voice repeated. "Touch her..." It then finished with a long pause and hard work. "Scarlet!" Luna called out looking up at her who slowly opened her eyes. "I'm...fine..." She tried to talk to them. "As if you are!" Luna quickly countered. "Don't speak anymore! Just leave it all to us!" She said again. Scarlet was having a hard time even keeping her eyes open as she panted faster than before.

"Oh~ Ohh~ Finally~ finally the time has come~ Yes~ Hurry up! I can't wait any longer~" Rido said laughing evilly out loud confusing them all, except for Luna. "You! After all you....!" She then glared at him before trying to attack him only to be stopped easily. "Hahahaha! What's a little vampire-like you trying to do to me?" Luna could only glare at him as he grabbed her hand making her unable to move. "Move away! You're not who I want!" She was then thrown away once again. Grunting as the pain hit her, she could only growl and glared at her. Yuki had quickly gone up to her while Hanabusa shielded the two of them. "You don't have to protect me, please, Scarlet..." Luna said and the two quickly nodded their head, but Rido had been walking up to the unconscious Scarlet who was laying on her bed almost lifeless.

Under her consciousness, Scarlet somehow was still able to hear all the things that were happening in her room. "Stop! Please! Don't hurt any of them!" She tried to stop Rido but somehow her body was stuck in that place. "Where is this?! Why can't I go out to save them?!" She asked to no one. But a voice she knew all-too-well answered her nonetheless, "This is the place where your consciousnesses stay." Scarlet turned to look at the voice and was surprised to see how she actually looked like. "You are... You look like me..." Scarlet said lamely. "I've told you that You are Me and I was You." Scarlet remembered her saying that to her the first time she heard her voice in her head.

"Why am I here now? I need to be out there to save them! I've to protect them!" Scarlet then said as she watched Luna was being thrown by Rido. "At this rate, not only you will not be able to stop him or protect them, you will even die yourself." The voice answered. "What?" Scarlet turned to look at her again. "It is either you give me your body, or..." The voice paused as she was looking straight to Scarlet. "No, I will never give you my body! I can't trust you! You won't protect them, you'll hurt them!" The voice just stared at her before speaking again, "Or you accept me. I've told you more and more again. I'm you, and you're me. We are one yet two individuals. That's why we have to become one. If not, what you fear might indeed happen to them." She explained. "But... How do I even do that?" Scarlet asked.