The Gays -4-

John's POV

The new guy, Alexander, was kind of cute. His kid and him are super close, which makes me sad that my father wasn't this way. Being a single guy in a school is hard, especially being gay. My students often ask if I found anyone yet, and I see guys often, but I can't say that.

Alex's POV

"So, uh, John, sorry for Philip." I laugh softly.

Pip rolls his eyes, and smiles, "Sorry for my dad, Mr. Laurens."

"Philip you dork." I say quietly, but loud enough for both guys to hear.

"So, Philip, you're 15, yeah?" John asks politely.

"Indeed." Pip answers.

"Wow- I can't believe a 15 year old and his dad get along. That's insane to me. Are you and you're mo-"

I quickly cut him off, "We don't... uh, speak of her." I say quietly. I shift my feet awkwardly, rubbing my neck with my right hand.

Philip nods politely and sadly smiles.

"Oh shi-shoot! I'm sorry!" John clasps his hands over his mouth.

"A, you can swear. B, it's fine. Just not on good terms." I smile at how sweet- nope. Don't be gay.

He nods understandingly, "If you don't mind me ask-"

Knowing what he was going to say, I respond, "She's gay for her sister's girlfriend." I laugh softly saying it out loud.

"Oh, wow. Th-that is one way..." He trails of and returns my soft smile.

"How about you, a girlfriend, wife?" I ask.

"Nah, I don't swi- I haven't had a girlfriend since high school."

He's gay. He almost said he didn't swing... that way.

"Hey, Pip, go get work from the other teachers, yeah?"

He nods, salutes, and literally marches out the door. I shut it softly and John looks at me, concerned.

"You gay?" It slips out before I can even process.

"I- uh... um, I-" He turns bright red.

"Erm- sorry. I- uh, I don't care. I mean, most of my friends are gay." I state simply.

"Yeah... I'm gay. I- I dunno. Don't tell Philip, please?" He has worry in his eyes.

"Not going to, purposely. I accidentally told him Herc had a boyfriend, and he was totally chill with it. I said husband instead of wife, and he caught it before I could catch myself." I smile softy.

He looks relieved and nods, "Cool. Actually, Laf, Herc and I are going out later. You can join. We can get to know you better, and vise versa."

I nod quickly, "Yeah, that would be better than watching Game of Thrones for two hours with a 15 year old."

He laughs and gives me his phone, pulled up on the contacts app.

I set the name as 'Daddy 💖😍' and put my number in. I turn his phone off so he will see it later.

I do the same, giving him my phone. I check the contact once he adds it in. 'Just John' is the name, so I quickly change it to 'John uwu' because I can.

I decide to send him a text while he's in front of me so he sees the daddy thing.

Alex: hey john, name's p accurate.