Side -55-

(Sunday)

Alex's POV

It takes a full day for it to soak in- my son likes my old boss's/enemy's nephew.
What are the fucking chances?

Pip's POV

Today, I invited Sam over to meet dad and John.
Speaking of which, he's coming over in 5 minutes. Once we talk a bit, we're going to a restaurant. Dad wants to see his 'manners.' Very dad thing to do.

As I sit on the couch, my phone buzzes.

Sam: im scared what if they hate me

Pip: they wont! unless ur an asshole :)

Sam: reassuring. im decently nice, right? im ok? what if im too dressed down?

Pip: you're hella nice, and there's almost no way. my dad wears jeans to 'fancy' events. you'll be fine.

Sam: okokok im in. the hallway. walking very slowly. while thomas is snickering.

Pip: calm down, sam. it'll be fine. see u in like 2 seconds.

Sam: okok

I pocket my phone, standing up from the couch. Dad and John were also sitting there, by the way. They watch me stand up, and follow suit. As I walk over to the door, a few short taps are heard against the wood.

I open it up and greet Sam with a quick hug. He hugs back, around my waist. His voice quickly croaks out, "I'm terrified," only for me to hear.
I let out a quick laugh, probably sounding like a giggle.

Thomas gives me a short wink as I pull away, causing a burning on my nose and cheeks. He smirks, sauntering into the hotel room.

Sam and I walk in, side by side. Dad and John smile a little. Good sign.

Eventually, we get to the restaurant and all sit down. This was mainly for dad and Thomas to get along, John says.
John, dad, and I sit on one side. Thomas and Sam sit on the other.

"So, Jefferson, how's the business?" Dad asks, taking a sip of his Mountain Dew.

Thomas smiles, "Great, especially once you left."

Okay, in all honestly, I laugh. That was pretty good. I try to stifle it, but a short gasp escapes my lips.

Dad shoots me a glare, "I mean, that's fair. As soon as I left, everything went uphill." He smiles softly and places a hand on the table; it's intertwined with John's.

Thomas goes red, but dad shoots another few words. "Where's your wife, Thomas? I remember Martha; haven't seen her in a while, eh?"

Thomas puts a fake smile on- he's easy to read- and just goes, "Yeah. We split up. She was using me for money. I never asked, though, where's Eliza? She was quite the beauty- and is he just another side?"

I audibly gasp, and John looks down. Dad is painted with crimson. Sam elbows Thomas.

Thomas smirks, stirring his drink with a straw.