Chapter 19

Chapter 19

●●●

Jimin was sitting on a stone, watching the sea in front of him moving aggressively, swallowing up rocks. He missed this type of weather. He hardly got to see it anymore, because this place just wasn't known for its aggressive waters.

He sighed. Sometimes he really missed the old times. Yeah sure, it was easier with people not even knowing about the existence of sirens, but he missed the adrenaline that came from watching a ship take course towards their small island. Sometimes adventurers, who had heard legends about the beautiful creatures there, sometimes pirates wanting to catch one of the mythical sirens. Sometimes it was just inexperienced sailors.

Not that it made that much of a difference. It was their territory and not just Jimin but most sirens had a certain love for playing with their prey.

He sighed again. God, he really missed listening to the songs of the sailors trying to make time pass quicker by singing about how much they missed women. Pretty counterproductive, but nevertheless interesting to listen to.

A certain memory came rushing back to him, but he simply pushed it aside, not wanting to be reminded of how much he disliked humans or at least some of them. Instead he pushed himself off the rock he was sitting on, enjoying the feeling of cold water on his skin.

A couple of meters out on the sea he turned back and looked at the city. A sight he had grown attached to on a certain level. He really needed some change every once in a while. He wasn't the type to say this long in one place.

"Bye Yoongi. I'm gonna be back soon... wait for me, alright?" He muttered to himself before completely disappearing in the dark waters.