Chapter 53

„Come on, Yoongi, just jump. It's not that deep." Jimin exclaimed, watching Yoongi cling onto the metal of the fence.

"That's easy for you to say. I'm an old man. I might break something." Yoongi shot back, staring at the one-meter drop.

"I'm older than you. A couple of centuries even, and my bones seem to be just fine."

"Shut up, Jimin. I swear I'll hit you." Yoongi warned, but that wasn't all that threatening with how he was gripping the fence just a bit too tightly.

"You'll have to come down first." Jimin stated, crossing his arms and sighing. Yoongi was cute and all, but Jimin was kind of nervous about swimming in the pool and wanted to get this over with and Yoongi was using every way possible to stall time.

"Come on. Lift that leg over the fence and then climb down. It's not that hard." Jimin said very slowly.

Yoongi whined, before doing what he was told, although shaking so much that even Jimin grew anxious that he might slip. When he finally had both his legs save on the pool's side of the fence Jimin realized that he had been holding his breath.

Relieve washed over him when Yoongi finally climbed down the last stretch and he grabbed his hand. "I swear I'll lift you over when we leave again." Jimin stated before pulling Yoongi towards the pool.

Not even giving it a thought he slipped out of his clothes – all of them – and dove into the pool. Yoongi watched him come back to the surface and shake his hair before grinning widely at him.

"You want to start in the shallow area, right?" He asked, swimming towards the entry of the swimming pool.

Yoongi could feel his heart pick up its pace in his chest. "Yeah." He didn't sound very sure.

Was this really a good idea? He did trust Jimin, but he'd just found out about Jimin being someone that drowned people for the fun of it, and now here they were at a pool in the middle of the night and Yoongi was supposed to swim. It would be the perfect crime scene.

Not the best idea, right? Despite his worries Yoongi did shrug his jacket off and pulled his t-shirt over his head. He could feel Jimin's eyes on him, silently waiting for him to get into the water. When had Yoongi last felt this nervous about Jimin's presence? The boy had never really given him a reason to be scared of him, so why was he feeling at edge?

He pulled his jeans off too, revealing swimming shorts. Jimin had reached the entirely shallow area. For a couple of seconds Yoongi just looked at him. Jimin was beautiful. His upper body was lit in the moonlight that also reflected in the inky water of the pool.

There was something inhumanly beautiful about him. But just by the way he moved in the water, making almost no sounds, he also had something predatory to him.

Astonishing but dangerous.

But Yoongi trusted that boy. Maybe more than he did himself. Very slowly he walked over to the stairs leading into the dark pool. His heartbeat sped up again. He forced himself to step forward anyways. The water couldn't do anything. Jimin was here looking out for him. He'd protect him if anything happened. Very slowly he took step by step until the water reached his waist. Jimin was standing there right in front of him, smiling warmly.

So far everything had gone well. No flashbacks. No emotions that forced themselves into daylight again. Jimin offered his hand to Yoongi, who hesitantly took it.

"Are you going to stay in your human form?"

Jimin shook his head. "Not if we're going into the deeper parts. But out here it's more convenient."