Chapter 44

Chapter 44

●●●

„Thanks for the food." They were sitting around the table, Yoongi and Jimin on one side, Namjoon on the other side. The young producer had placed his headphones and laptop on the bench next to him and finally seemed to come back to reality. "It's really good." He was looking at Jimin, who simply smiled broadly. "I'm glad to hear that."

"So, Jimin mentioned you're done with the last finishing touches on the album?" Yoongi asked, dunking his toast in ketchup before taking a bite.

Namjoon nodded, sipping on his drink. Jimin was amused by how Namjoon seemed so focused on drinking the cocoa that he entirely forgot about the remains of his breakfast. He noted to himself that apparently Namjoon enjoyed cocoa.

"I got it done yesterday afternoon. When I went home from the studio my landlord had already placed all of my belongings on the hallway." Namjoon explained, his hand not leaving the Kunamon cup. As annoying as it was that he had been kicked out of his apartment, Jimin had to stop himself from giggling at how cute that looked.

"I'll get some money tomorrow and I'll probably be able to somehow convince my landlord to give me back the apartment then but until that happens is it okay if I stay here? I would stay at the studio but you know me... I wouldn't stop working if I were to." Namjoon explained, running his hand through his hair, looking so tired.

"You can totally stay here. You know me. You're always welcome... just for your own good I hope that you can go back to your apartment soon."

A warm smile spread over Namjoon's face. "Thank you... I'm glad I can always count on you. I hope it doesn't bother you either, Jimin?" He asked the boy, who had gotten up to gather their dishes and clean them.

When he noticed that Namjoon was talking to him he quickly shook his head. "No. Not at all." He reassured before adding a quick. "As long as I get my quality Yoongi time that is."

Both Namjoon and Yoongi chuckled at his words, before going back to talk to each other. "So the album... could you show it to me?" Yoongi asked, curiously searching the table for Namjoon's laptop with his eyes.

"Yeah, sure." Namjoon grabbed it from where he had placed it on the bench and opened it, pushing his plate to the side for now. "There still are some flaws but I'm probably being too strict with myself so I thought you should listen to it and tell me what you think... Oh right, Jimin." The boy turned around, cocking his head questioningly to the side.

"You have an amazing voice. Ever thought about starting a career as a singer?" He asked while going through his files, searching for Yoongi's stuff.

Jimin smiled broadly. "Not really. I prefer singing for Yoongi over a huge audience. But I'm glad to hear you like it too."

Namjoon sent Jimin another short, polite smile, before finally finding the right file. Jimin walked over, his hands finding their place on Yoongi's shoulders, since he wanted to hear the album properly as well. After all, Yoongi had worked on this for months.

"Okay so should I just start with the intro?"

Yoongi nodded, focused on the screen. This was the moment of truth. How would his work sound as a whole?

The next half an hour they completely focused on the music that was playing. Neither of them saying a single word. Just listening to the songs one after another. The way albums were supposed to be listened to. In the correct order... with each of the songs adding something to the next.

When they reached the final track, the one Jimin had helped Yoongi with, Yoongi took in a shaky breath. Jimin's hand automatically grabbed Yoongi's, interlinking their fingers.

It was an amazing album. The last song, a slower paced one with Jimin and Yoongi singing and rapping about how hard it was not knowing where to go, what decisions to make, ending the whole album with a sad, but nevertheless beautiful feeling.

Jimin felt a bit teary when the music finally faded out. It was an amazing album. He knew the background. How much of Yoongi's heart actually was integrated into that album. It just added to how amazing it was. "It's beautiful." Jimin whispered, while Yoongi just sat there, not being able to believe that this was his work.

The final piece didn't sound like a child playing around like it actually was. There was something professional to it...

Jimin leant down, wrapping his arms around Yoongi. "It's so beautiful."

For the first time Yoongi had to admit that Jimin was right. Maybe there was something he was somewhat good at after all.

"It is..."

A/N

We're getting closer to the end but not quite...

There are still a few things that have to happen... smut included😂